Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

Shadows of Brimstone: Guardian of Targa

I've no idea what that is but you've painted it very well.

Excellent work on the green glow and I like the rubble on the base.

• Like 3

I've no idea what that is but you've painted it very well.

Excellent work on the green glow and I like the rubble on the base.

From the Shadows of Brimstone game. It's an "Enemy XL" pack, or so the box says. I saw Aaron Lovejoy's painted version, and decided that I needed one, or two (as I have a second one on the way, to paint in a more pristine condition).

• Like 1

The Big Metal Dude painted up SPLENDIDLYAND  the base is an OUTSTANDING creation in its own right. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I have been playing Doom Eternal lately. Several stages within some of the missions are set inside massive demonic fleshy creatures or structures with organic tunnels. Organic as in made of living meat, like a skinned carcass, with giant meaty blobs, bladders, tendons and instestines everywhere. The floor covered in pools of acid...one can only imagine the smell.
      Naturally, this made me want to paint up some of the minis for the Shadows of Brimstone Belly of the Beast Otherworld. This otherworld is just such an organic hellscape, set inside the entrails of some enormous cosmic creature. The Belly of the Beast Expansion rules, cards and map bits come in the "Temple of Shadows" expansion set, an expansion for the japanese-themed Forbidden Fortress base set. The Skin Crawler minis are also included in this expansion, while the Gastral Tyrant, Bone Eaters and Acid Blobs each are in their own little enemy packs. I have at least the flesh mites still to do, and I am thinking some more giant tentacles would fit this theme well, if I can find them. Maybe even some of the new, japanese-themed heroes too.

This lot took me a couple of evenings to do, mostly drying time in between prepping the Bones 4 Lost Valley Expansion minis. 

Lots more pictures below.

• By Darcstaar
      These were the third installment of my Bones 1 WIPs.
      Which is metal?  Which is BONES?
      You'll have to check out the WIP to decide!
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86504-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-ep-3-oxidation-beast/&tab=comments#comment-1834708

Hope you enjoy, and I hope it helps people see that there isn't always a loss of detail between BONES and Pewter.
      C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      Since Callie is coming to a close, I have been preparing the Oxidation Beast.

I have one in metal also, so I will paint both together.

I had some 40mm hollow, round lipped bases that seem like a good fit.  I used some styrene model train cobblestone for one, and sculpted dressed stone tiles for the other.

I plan for one to use the 5th Edition Monster Manual color scheme (Bones)

And the metal one to follow the Pathfinder Bestiary 1 color scheme.  It has a red with black stipple color scheme.

• By SparrowMarie
      Minivember is here once again! I know that today is the 5th so I'm going to have to play a little catch up as I was on vacation until yesterday evening. Now I need to get started painting so this will probably be a shorter intro post than previous years. You may ask why the title says "The Last." Well because this is the last year that I am going to be doing Minivember. Next year I'll have a new fun thing but it will be in October instead of November because of how busy this time of year is for me. And I know that the holidays are part of the challenge but it's getting to be too much of a challenge.

This year I'm going to be painting minis from Shadows of Brimstone that I have not yet finished. My goal (like every year) is to paint at least thirty (30) unique minis, one (1) for each day. While I've reached this goal in the past I'm going to push myself a little further this year and try to get all of one type of the mini painted. Some of them have up to six (6) of the same mini. I chose to paint this because I want to play the game again and this is a great time to get it done. While this is not all of the SoB minis that I have to do it is a good chunk of them. 

Anyway, here's this year's calendar and I'll be posting photos as soon as I can.

• By Dragoneye
      Playing with Secret Weapon Miniatures weathering pigments (finally...) Making a rusty wrought iron fence is really fun! I think I need to add a few more shadows to make the bits pop. I'm pretty happy with this, but C&C welcome and appreciated!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)