Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

02622 :: Frulla Krung, Frost Giantess

Looks fantastic... although... I'm not seeing any skullz so you get docked on that! ::P:

P.S. you have see "him" in the inspiration gallery, not "her"

• Like 1

Looks fantastic... although... I'm not seeing any skullz so you get docked on that! ::P:

I tried several and it looked out of place 

Fixed pronoun.

• Like 2

I tried several and it looked out of place 

Fixed pronoun.

SKULLZ NEVER LOOK OUTTA PLACE!! :wow: 

• Like 1

Really liking your paintwork on her. Very nice skin tone.

I've had this mini on my want list for awhile, your work is moving it up on that list.

• Like 2

I'm not really a fan of the whole barbarian female giantess trope, but you have done an amazing job painting her up. Well done. Thanks for sharing this with us.

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone.

And, yes, I am not one for the barbarian babe minis with bikini outfits but since she was a giant and I always need more giants she got added to the team.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DocPiske
      Looks interesting for the terrain, if not the miniatures. Two armies package includes two 20"x20" fortresses for less than $100.

There are a couple of things that give me pause, though. First time creator, and claims to be in Chicago but English is clearly not his first language. May not mean anything but makes me wonder.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crumb-group/eternal-eight

"After over three years in the making, we are proud to present you the Eternal Eight - a WORLD'S FIRST 3D mini war game with innovative real 3D RELIEF. 
      The goal of the game is to  capture the enemy’s King. The advantages of Eternal Eight are the 3D castles, fortresses and villages with a myriad of traps, labyrinths and  secret passages. All of the army bases (castles, villages, fortresses) are easy to assemble and move around.
      The game can be easily incorporated into your existing game table setup or provide a great addon to some of your existing mini war games."

• By Mckenna35
      Stumbled across this and thought it might be of interest to some folks here.  Be a different way of putting together woods and stuff for traditional wargaming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/babbletree/terragon-terrain

Pretty much the entire 'leader' page is GIFs so I'm not going to try and copy it over to here.
    • By Rob Dean
      So, I invoke the 3 foot rule on these; one could go back and forth forever attempting to edge half-timbered buildings.

I have been idly working on new scenery since the pandemic, and finished two more buildings plus a well I bought a few months ago.  (That’s lightning speed compared to some projects.)  These are sold on Amazon by some outfit called Ender Toys.  I picked up a group of four, and a second group of two, some fences and the well.  

If these are an example of what I could get at home, I’m not rushing out to get a printer to wrestle with.  The filament lines are pretty distinct close up.

However, they are light and didn’t take all that long to paint, so I think they will be fine in a game.

I posted the earlier buildings plus some tree bases in this thread: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92205-tree-group-bases/

The overall building collection now looks like this, including a Battle Masters tower:

My crystal ball says there is a skirmish game in my near future...
    • By Venun
      I got this Frost Giant King in the last BoGW Europe. Glitterwolf put it in there I believe ( @Glitterwolf).

I aimed for a fastvpaintjob, then noticed more and more details during the paint.
      Tried my best at a frostbite-ish effect on the sword. In the end I loved him so much he deserved a proper base.
      I went with an icy base, without the often seen crackle effect. There was no tutorial for what I was aiming for, so I winged it.

The rock is a piece of driftwood with wall filler.

I'm quite happy on the outcome. What do you all think?

Bonus content: WiP pictures

• By MoonglowMinis
      Today I wanted to show off some cheap 54mm Vikings that I painted up as Frost Giants.

I made these guys close to a year ago, and they were among some of the first larger sized minis I had worked on, so they're a little rough, and that's before looking at the quality of model, but if someone else is in need of a lot of giants like I was, then this might be useful to them!

So these guys are from Tehnolog, a Russian miniatures company that I know very little about.  The minis are made out of a soft plastic like novelty toys you can buy with tickets at an arcade.  They also have abysmal detail.

They're meant for 54mm wargaming, and I believe there's an intended game system that accompanies the line, but my goal was to get some cheap giants for D&D.

They fit nicely on a 2in base, and could probably fit in with the smaller Reaper Bones giants, but they're definitely a little undersized.  I remedied this by giving them each a boosted base, with the leader getting two layers.  At a glance, they tower over a standard medium sized mini.

The details were rough and there were some ugly mold lines here and there.  But they're serviceable.  They might work better as a half-giant if you want to use 5e's Huge Frost Giants.

More pictures of each giant below the Spoiler:

Tehnolog also has a few other lines of fantasy-esque minis if you're a fan of cheap minis.  I am still considering getting one of their other lines to convert into cheap-o Fire Giants.

What's your favorite obscure miniature substitute?

• Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)