• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gareth_Hriedmar
      This is one of the giants that I've painted that I'm the most proud of!

• By TPSminis
      This is my first post here on the forums, but I've been a fan of Reaper for a while now.  I've also been painting a while, but only got serious about learning in the last couple years.  I've been working at tabletop ready level until I set my sights on these two frost giants.  The detail is amazing in these models, so I felt like I had to throw myself into it and produce the best paint job I could.  These are the very first pieces I've ever felt were worth considering entering into a competition of any sort.  They are currently my best work, and yet I know that I have a long way to go with much to learn.  Together they took 5 days to complete, working about 6-8 hours each day while I recover from shoulder surgery.

Some quick notes:
      1. The bases are what came with the minis, please disregard them, I plan on following up in this post with custom bases for each of them.
      2. The Winter Wolf that belongs to the one with the spear is not done yet.  He'll be forthcoming in time.
      3. Yes, I modded the spear.  I cut off the head and used a spare brush protector tube to connect it to a wood dowel.  I used a stain marker on the wood dowel and painted the spear head and tube.  This meant that I had to drill out her hand.  It was a bit dicey, but it turned out well, I think.

Thanks,

TPSminis

• By Corporea
      I wasn't sure if I should post this in Show off or WIP, but I figured here and if you would please forgive the in progress parts in the subsequent post.

Ron let me paint this lovely sculpt by Gene Van Horne.  Actually, I think I might have begged to paint it and considered stealing it from his office if he refused.   She'll be in the Greek Odyssey Expansion for Bones V.  If by some miracle you have come to this forum and not heard of Bones V, it can be found here.  Aaron Lovejoy was awesome and took some high definition photos of her after last Reapercon.  

I really love this sculpt, can't say that enough.  She's got some fantastic detail, lots of good open space to work on blending or freehand, even a scenic base to play with stone effects.  While I loved the original Yephima by Patrick Keith, and still use her in my classes, this one really screams warrior to me.  I need to paint my bones version when I get it as Athena. I'll have to add a shield somewhere, though. Maybe convert the club to a spear.  Decisions decisions.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions.  I'm happy to explain or help with anything!  I'm going to post the WIP pictures I have in another post, so hopefully those will also be useful.  Enjoy!
    • By Talae
      Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/clorehaven-and-the-goblin-grotto

The picturesque town of Clorehaven  
      A lively tavern, a variety of interesting and useful stores and fine lodgings is all the weary adventurer could ask  for.
      The locals seem polite and friendly. The beautiful stone and wood buildings tell you this small town is prosperous and will someday grow into a much larger city. But under the surface of the town, Clorehaven keeps a dark and foreboding secret.  
      Beneath the neat hedgerows and well-kept homes there lies a sprawling complex of caverns. 
      The deep goblins are a sniveling race of green-skins, plying their trade in the strange flora and fauna they gather from around mysterious pools. 
      Design and build your own medieval buildings using the Clorehaven OpenLOCK system. From simple houses to huge complex structures, anything is possible. 
      Explore the Goblin Grotto using the modular Grotto cavern system. Walls and floors can be combined to create a huge variety of underground caverns or above ground structures. 
      Who knows what’s in store for those above and what lies in the depths below. Clorehaven and the Goblin Grotto - By Printable Scenery - the best 3D printable scenery in all the worlds. 
      All the models from Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto are delivered as optimized STL files to print on home 3D printers.
      If you take the All-In Pledge, you also receive the free bonus items.   
      Clorehaven Pledge :   Clorehaven is constructed using the OpenLOCK tile system where quality detailed modular and functional buildings can be constructed in any shape and size whilst maintaining the true 1" grid system used for most role playing games. 
      This pledge contains the models to build the Townhouse, Cottage, Homestead, Grand Hostel, Cabin, Tavern, Chalet, Watchtower and Schist Stone Fences.  The Clorehaven Pledge includes the stretch goals labelled Clorehaven.
       As the Kickstarter progresses the free stretch goals will grow and expand Clorehaven from a town into a city.
      Goblin Grotto Pledge:  The free form caverns create natural and expansive cavern maps and tunnel systems quickly and dynamically. The cavern floors are designed to have a comparable 1" grid system for RPG whilst still maintaining the natural rock form.
       PLAY This pledge contains the Moon Effigy, the Goblin Cavern Floors, The Cavern Walls, The Cavern Tunnels, the Cavern Bridge, Rickety Bridges and the Gloom Creeper. The Goblin Grotto Pledgeincludes the stretch goals labelled Goblin Grotto.
       All of our 3D-printable models begin their life as hand drawn concepts. From there we digitally sculpt the models to create high detail STL files. The models are test printed and painted before released so that you know each model from Printable Scenery will print perfectly. 
       Printable Scenery created the OpenLOCK system in 2016. Since then it has become the standard. Its innovative seamless locking system revolutionized dungeon system. Printable Scenery open-sourced the design and it allows for free commercial use to third party designers such as Open Forge.
      The Free Stretch Goals are a big part of our Kickstarters. The more stretch goals we hit, the more models you will get. So join us in this grand adventure and discover the stretch goals beyond.  

The bonus items listed below are free with the All-In Pledge.   
        If you want  an add-on you need to add the amount to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Note: If you want to get Add-Ons but not any of the main pledges then you can make a pledge for the amount for the Add-Ons only. To do this: 
      1. Select 'Back this Project'  2. Select '$1 or more -  Add-Ons Only' 3. Enter the amount for the Add-Ons.  Once the campaign closes you will be sent a link to the pledge manager to select the add-ons that you picked.
        Ruined Winterdale II Add-On NZ$30
      Back by popular demand, the Ruined Winterdale II Add-On contains 5 never before ruined buildings. To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$30 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Dungeon Booster Add-On NZ$50 
      The Dungeon Booster Add-on contains walls and floors that are designed to boost your Rampage dungeon encounters.  To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$50 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.  
        Previous Kickstarter add-ons are bundled items that have been requested by backers from previous campaigns. 
      Click on the links below to see the list of models that are part of each Add-On.  (eg. the Lost Tribes contains 13 models)
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 2 Anonymous, 259 Guests (See full list)