• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Here's a rundown on how I make quick, cheap trees for tabletop games.  For well under $10 you can have 3 clumps of good looking terrain using commonly available materials. 

What you need:

- glue, white and cyanocrylic (Super Glue)
      - 50mm round bases
      - sand, gravel, or kitty litter
      - craft paints
      - craft brushes
      - wire cutters
      - flock
      - plastic flowers from a hobby craft store, commonly called "stems" or a "bush" if there is  clump of them. Look for something more or less tree like, with branches.  This example is covered with clumps of foam.  They come in various colors depending on the time of year. 

Step one consists of separating each stem of flowers from the clump, discarding the leaves.  Leave the "flower" part attached to the wire stems.   Use wire cutters to trim stems to about 4" long. 

Coil each wire tightly so that it fits on your 50mm base.  Bend and shape each stem so that you can fit 2 or 3 stems on each base.  

Use Super Glue to attach firmly. 

Step two: sand and paint.  The sand helps cover up the wires, and adds a little weight for stability.  It looks best if you paint the base and wires, then glue down sand or gravel (let it dry) and paint a 2nd time.  This gives you good coverage on the base, and on the sand.  

Step three: flock and details.  I already added gravel to make large stones, but you can add more if you want a rocky look.  It sticks best if you glue to the sand before adding flock.

Cover the base with white glue and then apply flocking of your choice. 

Now you can add finer details like grass tufts, flowers, leaves, or colored flock.

I added orange flock to enhance the autumn theme.  My final step was to give the bright grey rocks a little brown wash to make them look more natural. 

• By BLZeebub
      I was cleaning up behind my barn and found this half-buried in the dirt.  Was just on the way to throwing it out when I just couldn't.  So I washed most of the dirt off, and cut a base from scrap plywood I had, and away I go!  I actually have a semi-solid plan.  I want to knock this one out fast, first of all, so maybe it'll get done this year (ideally before spring or even March, but I know how things go).  I want it to evoke a few things without quite indicating any of them.  The Tyrell building from Blade Runner is a big one.  The magitek factory from Final Fantasy VI is another.  But I also want to maintain that primitive temple look--like a Mayan or Aztek pyramid--which the shape itself lends to.  I also want it to appear as though it's either been abandoned or nearly so, and nature has started to retake it.  So lots of pipes and vines and gears (see my initial bits pile) and maybe a surprise if I can keep motivated...  Let me know what you think!

Ha, also noticed my little Narshe cottage in the background--it's nearly complete as far as building.  That'll be for another topic though!

• By Standifer
      Since I’m getting close to finishing my trike and mechs I want to try to get some.....bigger projects finished that have been languishing in the U.F.O. (Unfinished Objects) Status for some time now. Here are the ones I’ll be focusing on.
      The bridge. With a 28mm figure for comparison. 

Now fo the other more ambitious pieces. 
      This is going to be a modular fortress. So far I have only two pieces based. Once again more 28mm figures for scale.

And my most ambitious project. It will only be used on a 6x6 area most likely. 

Multiple paths allow access to the top of the mountain. And the top can be removed allowing for battles inside of the mountain.

Thanks for looking!

• By lexomatic
      I got this fake bonsai at a dollar store for a couple of dollars. Pulled it out of the small vase with rock and styrofoam, trimmed the trunk that was below "ground" and then stuck it on a yogurt lid.
      I put paper towel down for some texture and modgepodged it with brown and various greens. I still intend to flock it a bit. I may also stick it on a cd (hence the waiting to flock). But for now it's playable. I never took process pics. Oops. Maybe more to come.
      MSP bottle for rough scale (about 3"high by 6" span).

• By Joshinminn
      I'm pretty excited about finishing this guy. Stone giant (HT8c) from Otherworld Miniatures. I used Badger's gray airbrush primer, Reaper 09086 Stone Grey and 09087 Weathered Stone 09476 Woodland Brown, Army Painter Dark Tone wash.
      Comments are welcome!

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)