Jump to content

[Pathfinder] The Dragon's Demand


Recommended Posts

Anyone over a 15. which would be Bregan sees that it's not thunder but it's a aftershock of something that has collapsed somewhere close.  There is people moving outside, it appears that people are moving towards the south to southeast. Eventually, some people come into the inn. A farmer shouts "The Witch tower has fallen!!"

 

The patrons of the inn start to file out of the inn to see what has happened.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Agreed, this is strange. They may need some muscle, if for no other reason than to help clear the rubble and look for survivors... they may even let us loot the place!"

 

Mal gathers up his gear and finishes off his mead, following the others outside.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After the party exits the inn a plume of smoke can be seen toward the east. After a short trip through the village you come upon a site of destruction. Stone blocks have been scattered everywhere. Some flat timber, probably from the roof is scattered amongst the rocks. A crowd has gathered at the site, most everyone is just gawking at the ruin, there are 2 humans, a male & female discussing things amongst each other. THe party recognizes them as lawfolk. The remaining two that are left after the sherriff took most of his men to escort Silas Gribb off. The female is Letha Mulle. She stands with her hands on her hips. Her counterpart is Varyl Hodd, He is scratching his head & chewing on a stalk of grass. Both have that "Uhhhhhhh...." look to them.  

 

Someone from the crows shouts

 

"Look!"

 

& points to a spot. Sticking out from under the rubble is a small green scaly arm ending in a hand with sharp claws.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You are able to move the rocks & you find a dead kobold. He most likely died from the tower falling over. As you are pulling out the corpse. Anther one has been found. It's close to this one, probably 15-20 feet away.

 

Amongst the crowd you hear

 

"Kobolds? Here?" & "So close to town, they must be desperate or something."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mal will look around and ask for help digging this area out.

"Best to see exactly what happened.  Who can help me.  With Kobolds, I doubt they would travel with so few a number.  It is best we be on our guard, in case more are skulking nearby."

 

While he works, he'll ask the worthless militia Hey, you two, who lived in the tower?"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After a quick search, the only kobolds that are found are the 2 that the party finds. Both are dead. Again, most likely from being crushed by the falling tower.

 

Bregan

 

It appears the building probably fell in, like the bottom was taken out from under it. Looking at the ruins you see parts of the 1st & 2nd floors remain. The rubble appears to be highly unstable thou. Your not sure what might happen if you traverse more or shift the rocks around.

 

It appears there is a ramp that goes up to the 2nd floor. It looks treacherous to climb thou. There is anther way in as well, up the crumbling wall that leads to that 2nd floor. It too looks dangerous. 

 

Mal

 

Varyl will responds "The Old Witch tower has stood here for quite some time. No one knows who the previous owner or owners were. Baroness Origena Devy's late husband perished in the tower while trying to explore it. He wasn't much of a explorer much less in shape for that kind of thing & his death shook the Baroness pretty hard. She felt the tower was a memorial to her husband after his death. She even refused the wizard Hunclay's attempts to have the tower razed."

 

"Yah, something about it impeding his view of the eastern night sky. He was some sorta astrotometer or something. He even offered to pay in gold to have it done!"  Letha adds.

 

"Odd the old wizard isn't here, seeing he wanted the old tower removed more then anything." Varyl says.

 

Someone from the crowd points out that maybe someone should go talk with the wizard, since the lawmen don't suggest it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...