[Pathfinder] The Dragon's Demand

haldir

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cellblock

The key fits the lock perfectly. The heavy iron door swings inward towards you,creaking ever so loudly as you pull it back.  Numerous jail cells line these long-abandoned corridors. Each of their solid iron doors hangs ajar, and includes both a peephole at eye level, covered with a piece of sliding metal, & a smaller slot for food & water at floor level.

There is a passage off to the west the extends north, but goes beyond your light.  The cells offer nothing of value. Aear, you notice the key you used to open the southern door will fit the cell doors as well. It appears to be a master key for this cellblock.

Where does everyone check? Everyone make perception checks once you've placed yourselves.

• Like 1

Aear takes a right (west) to investigate the closest cell.  He glances south and draws his sharp pointy thingy before sliding open the eye-level peephole with his free hand (if necessary) to look into the cell.  If he sees nothing then he fully opens the door for Bregan to investigate.  If there's something nasty he'll instead close the door and lock it.  ::P:  He will then proceed south, repeating the process as he works his way around the block until something happens.

Per: 14+6 = 20

• Like 1

There are no monster to eat the clueless mage but as the party makes it around the cells (again, they are all empty & have nothing of value in them), you get to the walls where there is no door but obviously there has to be a way into those bottom cells (DUHHH part on the GM...... :blush: ). You find a secret door on each wall. The years have not been kind to them as you spot them quite easily due to erosion of the stonework of the doors themselves. You also notice along the ceiling near the door that you entered from, a half-circle tube that come out of the wall, then runs down the western cell passage then turns to follow the west passage.  It stops at the ceiling before turning down the western passageway. 

Opening the secret door on either side reveals the same thing, just the western one has more cells along the route. These are in fact are all locked. Either opening the cells with the key looking through the windows, reveals the following: These cells had prisoners in them or whats left of them. Lying on the floors are the bones of a long dead prisoners.

You make your way to the large central cell chamber. As you stand at the door, Aear as you are in the lead, you are the first to see a dirty, desperate face appear at the cell window. A pair of dirty hands grip the bars. As soon as he sees you he cries out!

“Oh, gods, kind faces! Aroden bless you, noble souls! I ain’t seen the jailers in ages, I think they forgot about us! We ain’t eaten in days and the water’s all but gone—my cousins’re both sick. I swear we’d give back the boar if we could, but we ate it, starvin’ as we was. We didn’t even know it was the baron’s lands, didn’t know we was poachin’! I beg you, we’re all gonna die in here!"

"Kindness, noble souls, we’ve suffered awful! Good Baron Sarvo wills it!â€

Everyone in this passage make a Perception check!

• Like 1