• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By saucermenstudios
      Next week, the Lost Colony: Spaceship Graveyard Kickstarter goes live.

Preview video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoWMlOpl2Vk

Pre-signups at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/lost-colony-spaceship-graveyard

Lost colony: spaceship Graveyard is the ultimate starship wreckage system. It's all about customisation, fallen spacecraft and the fragments they leave behind.
      This modular, 3D printable terrain is the second Kickstarter from Saucermen Studios and is even bigger and more diverse than the last. As stretch goals unlock, over 210 models become available to help you build incredibly detailed and tightly packed skirmish tables or larger, sprawling battlefields.

The huge core set of 80+ interlocking spaceship wreckage parts is delivered as stl files. It features incredibly detailed, double sided hull plates with internal features, computer terminals, piping, machinery, airlocks, windows, rooftops, debris sections as well as attachable ship featuressuch as boosters, engines, landing gears, weaponry and hi-tech gadgetry such as sensor arrays.

Follow the project at https://www.facebook.com/saucermenstudios

• By lexomatic
      i stumbled across this neat article on social media. It seems doable enough - balsa, hydrogen peroxide +sun light, and marine epoxy?
      Not huge application, but I suppose it would allow glass skyscrapers, greenhouses, and... mostly windows? Will post if I try. Please share if you try.

• By Inarah
      Fiendish portal by Artisan Guild. Where, oh where, might it lead? 

I struggled with this for a year but really learned a lot about blending and lighting by working on this. 

Before:

• By Auberon
      This year's Christmas present to myself was a Sonic Mini 4k printer.  I've done a few runs now and promised a pic of a painted mini at some point.  Gardain here was a bit of a failure as it turns out there were a few problems with the pre-supports.  Still, he's 99% ok which means he's good enough to use as an example, but also that I don't care enough to paint to a high standard.

So with that in mind, he was painted with a thin layer of primer through the airbrush, a slightly thinned basecoat, and then a few washes.  I.e. the point is to show off how much detail the printer can do, how visible the layer lines are, etc, not how well I can (or can't) paint. He is a 32mm scale dwarf, which means he is a little taller than a Reaper dwarf, but not quite as tall as a Reaper human.

The very bottom of this gauntlet pancaked, but you can only really see it if he is upside down.

Yup, that's a hair support.  The presupport was at too low of an angle so it bonded to the figure.

Btw, those eyes are tiny. His right eye is really bad because the arm blocks coming in from below, the sculpted bushy eyebrow makes any high angle impossible, and he has a big nose.  Jab straight in and hit where you aim!  In fact, they are so small that I can't even tell I painted them at arm's length.  If you skipped them to get him on the table no one would notice.

And there you have it, my first [painted] 3D print.
    • By saucermenstudios
      I've been working on a hugely modular spaceship wreckage system. The base set has 60+ parts but the entire project includes over 150 models. 

Lost colony: spaceship Graveyard is the ultimate starship wreckage system. It's all about customisation, fallen spacecraft and the fragments they leave behind.

You can follow the project at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/lost-colony-spaceship-graveyard

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)