77315: Fire Demon (Or: Kovbasa learns a valuable lesson about miniatures)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the way to learning is to elf something up and then try your best to work around what you've done. He came out very well and major props for stickng with him rather than replacing, that would've been easier, but this way you've conquered something. And I imagine everyone here has done the same "assemble before thinking", I know I have.

Excellent work!

Still, the end result is a definitive win!

However the ends should not diminish the lessons to be learnt in the means. As with everything in life, a sound planning is a must for each mini.

I have learnt (through many a number of tears and re-do's) that every second spent in planning prevents hours of fixing "happy accidents".

Nice work, great reds. Think it turned out really good. I say it's better to finish than bin it - you do still learn from it.

I've done this many times...I constantly struggle with the paint or assemble, cause I've also had the issue of not being able to assemble after painting -without absolutely ruining all the painting I had done, fixing - then the arm falls off anyways. Assembly and me rarely get along.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a dragon I completed Yesterday. This is a Ral Partha 10-463, T'Char Dragon of The Flame and Fury sculpted by Sandra Garrity in 1992. I bought this model in 1993 and assembled it in 1995. It has been on a shelf all these years. It’s a pleasure to see it finally painted. This amazing sculpt is 175mm tall, almost 7 inches at the top of the wings. The original model comes with a nice base around which I added more rocks and branches. I made the flames with Liquitex heavy gel and 3d printed a 125mm wide base to complete the vignette. Nowadays, this 12-piece dragon is still available from Iron Wind Metals. I painted it exclusively with Reaper MSP paint.

Here’s the list of colors I used;

• By Smallbunyanga
      Done with all Reaper Paints and an AP Wash

• By R2ED
      I received this little 3D print with some minis I bought near the beginning of me getting back into painting.  I looked at it and thought it was soooo cool.  Now that months have gone by and I've got more of an eye for things I like and don't like, it became immediately apparent that this thing had a number of flaws.
      1.  3D print left that weird topographic build quality to it.
      2.  The paint has a weird time adhering to it because of the lines in the model
      3.  The size of it is WAY out of proportion for 28mm, unless those are actual full size trees and this is a campfire for giants.

Overall it's just not a very good model.  Yet, it was something that was sitting there calling me out and needed to get painted.  I'll find some use for it, but I honestly think it came out pretty decent.  I used a Stormy Grey from MSP on the rocks w/ GW Agrax Earthshade.  On the wood I used a chocolate brown and brown sand mix (leftover on the palette...just went for it) with a GW Sepia Wash.  Then I used flat red inside the burning log, highlighted up with a lemon yellow and flat red mix, then highlighted again with lemon yellow.  Then dotted with white.  The log was a little on the light side after the first wash, so I took Nuln Oil to it and dulled it down, which worked and gave it that more dark colored effect.  The whole thing looks like it's actually warm when I'm looking at it, so the effect worked!  I'm pretty happy with it.  Now I just gotta find an ogre or giant to put it with....

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a vintage mini, Grenadier Dragonman Sorcerer, I got it from a BOGW a few years ago.

I will use him as a Demon Officer in my Children of the Grave army, because I think he looks a bit like a classic Demon.

WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=4

Enjoy!

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I completed this one last night. 02181, Sirithis the Succubus sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. This is a Dark Heaven Legends model. I painted her with Reaper MSP paint and mounted her on a 40 mm round base sku: 74033. Censored for the younger audience. Uncensored version of the pictures can be found on my blog or FB page.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 4 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)