Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Frostgrave Cultists (North Star) (Plastic)

Nice job! I really need to put together some of those plastics.

Thanks, David!  i find them a lot of fun to assemble.

Nice they remind me of Chaos Cultists, which I like a lot...

Thanks, Xherman!   

Ooo those guys are creepy cool! Well Done Sir.

Thanks, Arc!

I need to get a box of those to mix and match with the GW Chaos Cultists.

I have combined the North Star stuff with GW bits before, and they are a pretty good match size-wise.

• Like 5

Great work on them!!

That was my first thought, too.

• Like 2

Wow, first you assemble an archer, now this!  You're doing gloriously on the smorgasbord approach to figures  ;=) 

I saw this on your One More Gaming Project page first and noticed you were thinking you'd do something other than black for your next cultists, and quite ridiculously, my brain instantly jumped to the idea of doing rainbow cultists!  I know, it's silly, but maybe it's just silly enough to work...

• Like 1

Great work on them!!

Thank you, Chaoswolf!  

I'm not that familiar with GW stuff, but I guess I better go see if I can get some Chaos Cultist bits to find out if I can mix them in with these guys for variety. 

Wow, first you assemble an archer, now this!  You're doing gloriously on the smorgasbord approach to figures  ;=) 

I saw this on your One More Gaming Project page first and noticed you were thinking you'd do something other than black for your next cultists, and quite ridiculously, my brain instantly jumped to the idea of doing rainbow cultists!  I know, it's silly, but maybe it's just silly enough to work...

Thanks, Pippin!   I have to agree that rainbow cultists are pretty far along on the silly spectrum. But who knows! :)   I was thinking more just dark browns and blues. 

• Like 2

Great work on them!!

Thank you, Chaoswolf!  

I'm not that familiar with GW stuff, but I guess I better go see if I can get some Chaos Cultist bits to find out if I can mix them in with these guys for variety. 

You will need to acces the Bay of Evil...what you want is the Mordheim Chaos Cultists.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat2005spc/c2005spcp0112-02.htm

Also Heresy has some cultists that fit the bill too...

Dark Brethren...

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crissair
      So finally got the courage to post some minis that I have finished over the last few months. Here are some of the Yuan-Ti Nagendra metal minis I have always really liked. I have the archer and halberd still to paint up that I have from my most recent order, but am taking a break from the scaly creatures for a bit. I know I need to work on my highlighting but any other feedback is welcome. 

• By Brianuk
      I realised that I had so many Frostgrave soldiers painted up that i had quite a big army for games like Saga, Warlords of Erehwon, Or even Kings of War. Am going to have a war machine with Frostgrave soldier crew, and these lancers /light cavalry. 

These are the Frostgrave females, mainly, mixed with the legs and horses from Gripping Beast's Arab heavy cavalry. I cut the FG minis in half with a razor saw at the belt line and they fit  the bodies perfectly. There is a Victrix cloak in there and the armoured rider has Oathmark elf arms, but essentially everything else (including the bits and pieces of luggage stuck to the horses) is from the Frostgrave females sprue. 

I will probably do a black wash on the riders (not the horses) and a couple of highlights. 

I need to do a snow effect base and then make up 5 more. The idea is to have a 50/50 male female unit but keep the light armour/wrapped up look. 

• By Thrym
      WizKids Dungeons & Dragons
      HELLBORN TROLL

I present to you the almost nuclear looking troll that utilizes FolkArt's Ultra Dye "Purple Rain" as its inspiration and base shadow and wash.  Also included in the skin triad are Reaper Blood Red and Reaper Brilliant Red for the highlights.

I'll add the remaining paint list later when they are in front of me.  For now, pictures:

Some close up shots:

Enjoy!
    • By Thrym
      Hellborn Troll
      from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures

I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials.  Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).

I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly.   I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.

It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough.  It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine.  It's glossy like inks.

Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.

Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.

I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye.  It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.

I am quite happy with him so far.  

Stay tuned and Enjoy!
    • By Darcstaar
      Last new post for the day.
      Here is another BONES Tick.  I have 2 more and a queen.
      This is the 4th painted one, and I painted it while I painted the centipedes.  I wanted some bright colors and bright markings.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 3 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)