Sign in to follow this  
buglips*the*goblin

06015 and 06009 Orc Army Packs

post-3313-0-57029800-1484367427_thumb.jpg

post-3313-0-05962300-1484367417_thumb.jpg

Orrrcs! 

I got two reaper army packs of these bad boys, and they look awesome.  One pack, 06015, only had the two Sandra Garrity orcs and not the two Bob Olley ones.  Their fantastic customer service has already sorted this out for me, so a Bones orc of the same type is standing in as a stunt double to show the other one that comes in the pack while his compatriots travel by mail. 

But these six funtime fellows are getting some paint, and I've been looking forward to this!

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 17

Even though there's six of these guys, only three are different so unless something unusual happens I'll just show three until they're all done.

post-3313-0-56749900-1484368738_thumb.jpg

post-3313-0-78834200-1484368747_thumb.jpg

I didn't bother taking pics of the primer stage, so this is my black wash to bring out the details so I can paint 'em.

• Like 14

I'm really digging the skintone you're using.

You mean the Bob Olley stand-in?  That's the old skin recipe, I've come up with a fresh one along the same lines to try out with these new guys.

so building an Orc raiding party or army.....

Is this the muscle Goblins hire to do their dirty clean work?

You need a few with at least basic self-preservation instincts. 

• Like 4

post-3313-0-52660300-1484419772_thumb.jpg

So this guy is the only one done yet, but since he's got the most skin I figured he'd show the new mix pretty well.

The old mix was 3 parts old pro paint Ghoul Grey to 1 part OPP Imperial Purple.  Which was a pretty nice scheme.

But when I was looking for my notes on that old formula last night, it hit me to try OPP Night Sky in place of the purple and see which I liked better.  I only used 2 Ghoul Grey to 1 Night Sky in this batch.  Mixed both up, looked at them, and decided the new way was the clear winner. 

At least so far.  We'll see what it turns out like with layering.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 13

Normally when I do a batch I work all of them up to the same step before proceeding... but in this case, as I don't know this experiment will work (I think it will, though), it might be wiser to do this guy's skin first and make sure of it.  If it doesn't work, less I'll have to fix.  So that'll be my main task today.

• Like 6

attachicon.giforkskina.JPG

So this guy is the only one done yet, but since he's got the most skin I figured he'd show the new mix pretty well.

The old mix was 3 parts old pro paint Ghoul Grey to 1 part OPP Imperial Purple.  Which was a pretty nice scheme.

But when I was looking for my notes on that old formula last night, it hit me to try OPP Night Sky in place of the purple and see which I liked better.  I only used 2 Ghoul Grey to 1 Night Sky in this batch.  Mixed both up, looked at them, and decided the new way was the clear winner. 

At least so far.  We'll see what it turns out like with layering.

Hmmm, looks like this one is related to the Blue Goblins???

post-3313-0-03352500-1484433404_thumb.jpg

post-3313-0-52413300-1484433420_thumb.jpg

It looks like it will work out okay.  It was surprisingly difficult to layer with this bottle of old pro paint orc flesh, not sure why it was badly behaved today.  Usually it's pretty good.  But, it did the job. 

I also painted some other bits, just to check that it worked with my planned colour scheme.  All hail Proto-Orc!

• Like 14