Sign in to follow this  
Guindyloo

77372: Burrowing Horror - Finger Painted for the RPChallenge

I would have sworn you could not get that detail done with Fingers!    You must have itsy bitsy fingers!

Looks very good and even better knowing what instruments were used.

• Like 2

The Bulette turned out BEAUTIFULLYOUTSTANDING WORK!

What is more surprising than the WONDERFUL results you achieved with your fingers is why you would want to do it in the first place.

• Like 2

Guh...whu...buh...

THAT'S FINGERPAINTED?!?!?

That looks better than I could do with brushes and two weeks!

• Like 4

Daaaang, Guindy. 

Makes me think of this thing I read once:

The scene ends with an oddity that illustrates how much talent Mozart has to burn. Fred sings a slow, lyrical, irresistibly beautiful aria to Bill, suggesting that love is swell. And so it is. But the aria doesn't move the plot forward an inch, Bill doesn't need encouragement, and there's no homoerotic subtext (at least at the moment). So why is it there? Any other composer who penned such an aria would give it to the leading man to sing to the leading woman and make it the centerpiece. Mozart uses it like a comma.

Talent to burn.

• Like 2

Guindy...

Re: Getting paint in the crevices... Add a fair bit more paint than you think you'll need, as deep in the crevices as you can manage with a fingertip... And then BLOW on it. Hard. It'll push the paint down into them.

It's how I managed the two pieces I did in the original fingerpainting challenge.

Also, remember... Fingernails are part of your fingers, too.  ::P:

I may have to go dig through my remaining stuff and see if I have anything I want to do for the bonus challenges - I had so much fun when I did the fingerpainting thing the last time...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

Daaaang, Guindy. 

Makes me think of this thing I read once:

The scene ends with an oddity that illustrates how much talent Mozart has to burn. Fred sings a slow, lyrical, irresistibly beautiful aria to Bill, suggesting that love is swell. And so it is. But the aria doesn't move the plot forward an inch, Bill doesn't need encouragement, and there's no homoerotic subtext (at least at the moment). So why is it there? Any other composer who penned such an aria would give it to the leading man to sing to the leading woman and make it the centerpiece. Mozart uses it like a comma.

Talent to burn.

I am in no way, shape or form anywhere near on par with Mozart. So while I thank you for your way too kind comment, I will assume instead that your quote is referring to the homoerotic subtext in my painting, though it's certainly ever-present. ::P:

The teeth blow me away that they were fingerpainted. Thank you for sharing this.

So the teeth were what logistically gave me the most grief. I realized after the fact that I should not have brown linered them at all, but rather just left them Bones white and put a wash in there. I could only get a part of my pinky even slightly inside of the mouth, so that presented a pretty big problem. So the only feasible solution was to get a wash in there, however, when you dilute white paint, it tends to get pretty translucent. However, I have this line of Warcolours paints that are "ONE COAT" and there's a white in the line, so that's what I used. I thinned it down enough that it would have some movement to get itself everywhere in the mouth but not so much that it would run everywhere. (Incidentally, I didn't hit the consistency right and it did still run everywhere and I had to do a lot of clean up around the mouth but that wasn't too bad.) I believe I did this twice to get a decently solid white on the teeth themselves.

Then I did a wash of (I think) MSP Canary Yellow (pretty sure that's the yellow I was using to mix with the blues) but it was too faint and didn't really do much for anything. Then I made up my typical monster mouth pink (Warcolours Brown 1 and Warcolours Pink 1) and made a wash with that as well, but that was still too faint. So what I ended up going with was a wash of Warcolours Red 5, which ended up being perfect. There are also some purpley tones in there that were a happy accident of the wash of Warcolours Transparent Turquoise that I put over the armour parts leaking in there and blending some bits. It was lucky that it just so happened to dry looking like it does.

Edited by Guindyloo
  • Like 6