SamuraiJack

Greebo Games - Pirates and undead pirates

Agreed. Purchased the non-football-ish miniatures from that line and I'm happy with the results. Will save failed.

This gives me a great idea for a game where the undead pirates are using illusions to appear alive and well but when people get up close within arm's reach the truth is revealed and I could whip out a replacement figure as I remove the original one from the table and go "surprise".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/81524567?ref=evzsas&token=8eaedf7a&fbclid=IwAR0J91XxQUE6SE1HQcvjOr2oZnAZoneIL31yr6GnwV9G2yPSiVSP-0tCQzg

About
      Welcome to the Great Wall draft page – the campaign is not live yet, but we will be gradually adding more and more information about the game here! We are incredibly excited to hear your feedback, so please let us know what you think. If it looks interesting to you - make sure to click the "Notify me on launch" button!
      The Great Wall is a new major board game from Awaken Realms (creators of Nemesis, Tainted Grail, Etherfields and many other acclaimed products). Players will take the roles of generals of an ancient oriental empire who lead the defence against ruthless hordes. You will need to gather allied advisors, manage your workers, recruit armies and, together with other players, raise and defend the Great Wall! As the game progresses, you will often need to co-operate or negotiate with other players, but make no mistake – there can be only one winner!
      This fresh worker (and soldier!) placement game for 1-4 players faces them with many difficult choices and often pushes them to interact with each other. You will be assigning your workers to eleven different locations, such as Tea House, Quarry, Messenger Post, or Barracks, using special Command cards that have additional effects. Production in locations activates ONLY when all their slots are filled, but filling them all by yourself can result in a penalty. On top of that, players can buy overseers who will give additional output every time a location becomes activated. This creates a lot of involving long- and short-term strategies.
       Each player starts with one unique General, characterized by their asymmetric power, as well as the production level. From there, you will further customize your economic engine and fine-tune your strategy by recruiting advisors who provide additional bonuses.
      Eventually, a Wall Defence phase beings, where players place previously build armies on Horde Cards – earning Honor (Victory points) and looting resources from the defeated troops. This requires smart management of three types of units: Archers, Spearmen and Cavalry. Players place these soldiers one by one, playing the Tactics cards that create another layer of interaction.
      Gain meditation by shooting with the Zen Archer, then spend meditation on a Cavalry Squad Leader to move your Cavalry around the battlefield faster, and – finally – finish off by getting extra Honor for each of the Cavalry’s engagements thanks to the Banner Holder. There are endless possibilities for great combos and memorable plays.
      On top of that, your Advisors and General might give your troops extra abilities, such as shooting twice or looting twice the resources!
      All of the above makes the Great Wall one of our most strategically involving designs that will be appreciated by many different groups of players: those who love euro-styled games with their intricate economies and engine-building, those who love over-the-table play, bargaining and negotiations – and finally, those who simply like to wage war on a beautiful map.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1113411001/odyssey-anthropos?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

• By Aard_Rinn
      For the last few months since Reapercon, I've been focusing on pumping out minis to avoid the rut I got into last year. When I saw that Reaper had released the ghost sailors as metal figures, well... I knew what one of my October projects was going to be. I loved these guys as part of the Bones IV kickstarter, but I've not enjoyed painting plastic minis as much since getting back into metals at the Reapercon melt table, so I was psyched to order them and put in an order that night... Most of the rest I had from Reapercon, although I think I picked up Labella there too.

Either way, these guys painted up gorgeous and easy using my go-to one-two spirit technique! As a firm believer in spooky blue ghosts, I started by priming them white, then giving them a couple layers of Irrisen Blue from the new Pathfinder paintset... My old blue standby was from the HD line and the bottle has faded to the point of illegibility, but it was almost identical. Then once it's dry, I drybrush heavily with Linen White (pure white comes out looking starched, and bluer whites don't show on the blue, but linen is perfect) and... call it a day. Decorate the bases, maybe some pizza... 's good. That said, minis painted using this technique meet my #1 requirement for ghost minis: They're distinctive on the table!

I debated doing some OSL, but decided that it would wash the bases out, unfortunately. I like it better this way, with the bases nice and grounded, and the ghosts spooky and glowing! Lots of fun base details on these, too - 10/10 recommend picking them up if you have any sort of use for them!

Miniatures involved (not enough tags for them all): 03965: Ghost Pirate Cook, 03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster, 03967: Ghost Pirate Captain, 03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun, 03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee, 03718: Ghost Bride, 03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee, 03170: Lurien, Ghost, 14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero, 03799: Female Wraith

03965: Ghost Pirate Cook

03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster

03967: Ghost Pirate Captain

03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun

03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee

03718: Ghost Bride

03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee

03170: Lurien, Ghost

14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero

03799: Female Wraith

Of all of these, if I had to pick favorites... Hm... Ghost Bride and Gauren. They took the drybrushing perfectly and are super-fun figures!
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)