Thrym

14012 :: Gauntfield :: as Harrow, Reidlar of Terror

He is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation made EVEN MORE WONDERFUL by the fact that I'm presently working on the same miniature...inspiration is an appreciated commodity. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Great job!!!

Love the base!

That is gorgeous, and the placement of the tree works perfectly for his pose. Good job.

Thank you, guys.

He is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation made EVEN MORE WONDERFUL by the fact that I'm presently working on the same miniature...inspiration is an appreciated commodity. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you, Mal.  Post the link to the WIP/Show Off.

• Like 1

Very, very cool!

Wow! That's pretty dang awesome, well done!

Thank you.

Was just talking to one of my gaming buddies who helped me build the Markshire setting on Neverwinter Nights and I think I might create a larger diorama for Hallow.  Specifically a section of his Courtyard with all of the pumpkins and smaller scarecrows.

Keep an eye out for it ... it's now on my to do list.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Learned from a thread on the Painting subforum that if you have Bones that are tacky from aerosol mishaps, stripping them and repainting will resolve the issue (thanks, @Cicciopiu!) And I had painted a Spirit of the Forest some years back, crappily, and it got horribly sticky and be-crudded. So I gave it a Green Stuff soak, scrubbed the paint off, and repainted it. Also gave a touchup to an old Saproling Warrior (14504), and a tiny tree-dude from the Bones Familiars 2 pack (77196).

Here's the Saproling: 

And here's the tiny wee treant fella:

"And look, behind you without a sound,
      the Woods have come up and are standing round
      In deadly crescent." --W. H. Auden, The Two

• By Citrine
      Some Stone Golems (SKU 77171) to challenge my players with in some future game session.

• By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• By Pochi
      A couple of my players/friends gave me this and a gelatinous cube for Christmas and said, "Please don't kill us!" So hopefully he won't smush their characters too much!

I wanted to give him a little bit of color so I did some purple and pink on some of the leaves as well as bright mushrooms. I used a few tufts of foliage and moss on him. I didn't want to overdo it and cover too much of the figure. I like how he came out.

• By Darcstaar
      Just a quick paint job I did a few months back.
      I am still trying to learn True Metallic Metal technique.
      Based on the pictures, I still have learning left to do.
      There are some dilute black, blue, brown, and flesh colored washes in there.
      His close up of his face reminds me of Ultron.
      He is set to be a construct for our Reign of Winter Pathfinder campaign.

Enjoy.  C&C Welcome, as well as any advice or recipes for TMM would be appreciated.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list)