Thrym

14012 :: Gauntfield :: as Harrow, Reidlar of Terror

He is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation made EVEN MORE WONDERFUL by the fact that I'm presently working on the same miniature...inspiration is an appreciated commodity. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Great job!!!

Love the base!

That is gorgeous, and the placement of the tree works perfectly for his pose. Good job.

Thank you, guys.

He is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation made EVEN MORE WONDERFUL by the fact that I'm presently working on the same miniature...inspiration is an appreciated commodity. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you, Mal.  Post the link to the WIP/Show Off.

• Like 1

Very, very cool!

Wow! That's pretty dang awesome, well done!

Thank you.

Was just talking to one of my gaming buddies who helped me build the Markshire setting on Neverwinter Nights and I think I might create a larger diorama for Hallow.  Specifically a section of his Courtyard with all of the pumpkins and smaller scarecrows.

Keep an eye out for it ... it's now on my to do list.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 11 "Major Gas Madness" has Scarecrow as the major villain to beat.  You need to find his toxin formula and escape before you croak.  There is a lot of deadly gas about (surprise) so you need to be careful.  There were no new heroes to paint in this mission, so I painted up a set of thugs instead.  

Scarecrow and Hazmat Thugs

Not the Scarecrow I'm familiar with, but a cool one nonetheless.  Fairly easy to paint, although sometimes the paint seemed to not want to stick to some difficult to reach areas.  

I thought Hazmat Thugs would be a nice combo to paint up with Scarecrow.  I was debating on what to do with the area of plastic between the strap and the gun.  Do I paint it black?  Or light blue?  or white?  Or yellow?  In the end I decided that these guys were minions so who cares.  Black was the least amount of work and looks good enough for what they are on the table for.  

• By Rigel
      Picked this beauty up cheap a year ago as a FLGS was liquidating some old stock. Now, I have time and a better understanding of some skills. And my love of metallics is a matter of public record. 

Here's my start on the body: ArmyPainter Rough Iron above, DecoArt Rich Espresso brass on the sides, DecoArt Worn Penny copper below. I'll paint the smokestacks and dorsal engine in steel colors. The legs I'm still working out, but they will probably have much the same metals. I'm trying to avoid golds on this. 

I'm not sure what to do with those innards. Leather bellows? Leaf springs? A red-glowing internal furnace, as on the box art? I dunno, what do you think?

One major thing I want to do is leave Wyrmgear as a drake for now so we can show off those dorsal smokestacks. No wings, just a 40-foot smoke-belching mechanical killing machine. I might mod on an elaborate array of exhaust pipes near the wings, as on a souped-up hot rod engine. 

Why? Partly because have you SEEN some of the other Wyrmgears here, with the chrome wings and the flawless fantasy landscape painting wings and etc? I can't compete with that! And partly because, while I can't compete with magnificent wing art, I can spatchcock aberrant machines together as well as the next fella, and I want to use those wings for a steampunk flying machine, an ungodly hybrid of von Zeppelin and Lilienthal. I've got some ping-pong balls and Christmas ornaments just begging to be made into balloons for this purpose...
    • By Gary Pryor
      Tomorrow when there is better light I will try to take some better pictures. For now here are some blurry shots at my first attempt from my bones 4 haul. I have never tried any flocking before, and I made a huge mess. Also I am still pretty new to painting (a couple of years, but infrequently) so if y'all have any criticism (even if it seems like common sense) I could use any tips I can get.

• By Rigel
      Learned from a thread on the Painting subforum that if you have Bones that are tacky from aerosol mishaps, stripping them and repainting will resolve the issue (thanks, @Cicciopiu!) And I had painted a Spirit of the Forest some years back, crappily, and it got horribly sticky and be-crudded. So I gave it a Green Stuff soak, scrubbed the paint off, and repainted it. Also gave a touchup to an old Saproling Warrior (14504), and a tiny tree-dude from the Bones Familiars 2 pack (77196).

Here's the Saproling: 

And here's the tiny wee treant fella:

"And look, behind you without a sound,
      the Woods have come up and are standing round
      In deadly crescent." --W. H. Auden, The Two

• By Citrine
      Some Stone Golems (SKU 77171) to challenge my players with in some future game session.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)