• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The color change on the tentacles is very well done! Great looking beastie!

That was a surprising afterthought. I re-sculpted the tips of the eyestalks because the mold lines were making them too squirrelly to paint. I'd retained a bit of the orange paint I'd used as a base coat and used it to paint over the putty, and I liked how they looked so I did a bit of glaze blending.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Needed a dendus adept for esper genesis, since there's no minis for that I built one out of the head of Ko-dali, and the body of a bathalian mastermind. 

Wasn't sure how to get rid of the squid pet so I made it into a spell effect. 

• By Pochi
      Here is the Overgourd from Bones 5. He is super fun to paint! I am using him in my D&D game tomorrow! His sidekick is a 3d printed pumpkin cyclops.

• By Rickdraco
      It's been some time since I last posted here, but I recently got and painted this WizKid beholder! Comment, criticisms and advice will be gratefully received!

The mini in the background I am not quite ready to post as I have not based it properly yet!

• By Rigel
      Dawn at St. Toad's Mere.
      The worshipers gather by the dolmen.
      With scroll and orb, bell and blade, chalice, keys, and tome. 

But what manner of worshipers are these, so pale and clammy? And why does that one's hand bend so?
      Is that...is that an arm, or something else?

Lo! a foul miracle! They have become as their unwholesome master, transmuted into a kind of glory through their dark rites. Some still retain hands, or things in the semblance of hands, the better to wield tools built by and for hands, but others have transcended or transgressed beyond even these. Soon they will renounce limbs and spines altogether, shed their robes and live to writhe and squirm beneath the mire with their lord forever. 

These are fantastic fellows--something about their eyeless fleshy heads makes them even more enigmatic and eerie than your average illithid. What are they up to? and what will their rituals bring upon the troubled earth?
      For all your eldritch cult needs. Could work as an alien species in a pinch. 

(The cultist with the dagger does not come with a bell; that's a repurposed earring back and pin.)

• By Rigel
      In the country of the blind, the saying goes, the one-eyed man is king. Certainly when venturing into the obscure unknown of space, the monocular Illyrians are as good as any human, despite a completely different evolution. Their quick regeneration and centrally-located brain-analogue allow them to survive injuries a human could not, while their alien metabolism means resource competition between human and Illyrian is minimal. 

Here is one brave planetary explorer on a rugged rocky ringed planet. It appears extensively cratered, but the presence of atmosphere and weather should have worn the features down...

Well, that answers that! 

Distant evolutionary cousins, perhaps? Or just convergence? 

These native life forms are unused to creatures with eyestalks like theirs that can move about freely on the surface! 

The eye-worms are unused eyestalks from a Wizkids Beholder--they come with a set each of Eyebeam Eyes and Regular Eyes. Waste not!
      They were inspired by this pulpy artwork--not mine, all credit to the original artist.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)