My First Mini: 77200: Sir Conlan

Baldur8762

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not DARE 'revisit' this particular mini!

Keep it as it is. Not only is it a very good first, but later you can use it as a comparison and see how far you've gotten. 

If you absolutely want to do it better, get another one, or three or ten... It's Bones, they're cheap...

• Like 3

LOOKIN' GOOD...especially for a first mini! Ultimately #3 is the key to miniature painting or most anything else you'd care to try. If you love what you are doing. it will show.  Your creation is an EXCELLENT start to what will be a succession of SPLENDID creations. TERRIFIC WORK!

• Like 3

I'm sure all of here could show you first minis that came out far far worse and usually involved Testors paints. So you were a step ahead of most of us by not using those. As Xherman1964 and Tiniest Rombus stated, your brush control is good and as Malefactus said, it is the love for what you're dong that will show. If you haven't already I'd give serious thought to picking up the Bones Learn To Paint Kits, the Layer Up! in particular. The instructions there are second to none in explaining the mysteries of blending, highlighting and washes and will help you level up much faster. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your comments!  I am not sure what you all mean by brush control however.  It's a miracle the I keep paint anywhere cause my hands shake terribly.  I am very encouraged and just primed my next mini and will be starting that as soon as the brown liner dries.

I'm sure all of here could show you first minis that came out far far worse and usually involved Testors paints. So you were a step ahead of most of us by not using those. As Xherman1964 and Tiniest Rombus stated, your brush control is good and as Malefactus said, it is the love for what you're dong that will show. If you haven't already I'd give serious thought to picking up the Bones Learn To Paint Kits, the Layer Up! in particular. The instructions there are second to none in explaining the mysteries of blending, highlighting and washes and will help you level up much faster. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I took your advice and I just ordered the Layer Up kit.  I Think that will really help. 

• Like 3

Very very good for a first mini.  This was about my standard after 6 months of painting lol.

That's what mine looked like after about the first 5 years...

Thank you everyone for your comments!  I am not sure what you all mean by brush control however.  It's a miracle the I keep paint anywhere cause my hands shake terribly.

And yet you still managed to get the paint where it needed to go without trashing everything you'd already painted.

That is brush control.

You might be surprised to discover just how many of us here on the boards are painting (and painting well) despite shaky hands, arthritis and/or bad eyesight...

With enough creativity and practice, shaky hands can be adapted to and compensated for in a variety of ways.

• Like 5