Sophie, Werewolf Hunter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you mean to put the scope on backwards? Usually the larger lens goes towards the barrel, the smaller one towards the stock.

Think he is using it as an Image Intensifier sight (Light Amplification night sight)

Are you going to remove the spurs from her boots?

NOT a very common accessory today in most places....

• Like 3

She looks awesome!

Although I do  not like her hunting werewolves, or any other wolf for that matter!

I suggest she goes Elfhunting!

'Elfhunter" sounds like a redactable euphamism for something, at least on these boards.

I really like the conversion - I think it's better than what I would have done.

• Like 9

Did you mean to put the scope on backwards? Usually the larger lens goes towards the barrel, the smaller one towards the stock.

Think he is using it as an Image Intensifier sight (Light Amplification night sight)

The PAS-13s and PAS-22s (thermal sights) and the AN/PVS14s (Night Vision Device) I used in Afghanistan and Iraq still had the larger objective lens towards the barrel and the smaller ocular lens towards your eye. But since this is a werewolf hunting piece of equipment, it could very well be the next generation of night vision!

• Like 6

Interesting take on a Sophie...   I am curious as to what kind of texture you are trying for on the pants???  

I know its early stages but ...

are we there yet?

....  how about now?

I was originally going for a blue jeans look, but my cross hatching turned out too coarse, so maybe its more of a rough canvas material?  I don't know myself!  ::):

Are you going to remove the spurs from her boots?

NOT a very common accessory today in most places....

As to the spurs, I am going to leave them on.  I couldn't completely divorce myself from the Western feel (nor did I particularly want to), and, who knows?  Maybe she usually gets around by horse instead of flying!

As to the scope, Bloodhowl is totally correct in that the larger side of a scope usually goes towards the target, but there were a couple of factors in play that made me decide against that.  First, some low magnification scopes (such as the one I use on my AR-15) are indeed larger on the back, so I felt I had some precedent for the general look.  Second, that scope is actually a cut down Space Marine scope, and, since that piece is so common, I wanted to try to mount it in such a way as to mask the connection at least a little.  Third, the scope felt more balanced on the gun that way.  The scope on my own lever action rifle overhangs the hammer of the gun, and I like that mounting location.

But, speaking of gun actions, I have no idea what action Sophie's gun would employ!  It can't be a lever action because it doesn't appear to have the right type of magazine, and it can't be much of anything else because of the lack of a bolt, pump, or whatever.  Now that I type this all out, though, I guess she must be using a muzzle loader (she does appear to have a hammer on her gun).  And I guess that that makes some sense if she's going to be shooting valuable and rare silver bullets!

• Like 7

She looks awesome!

Although I do  not like her hunting werewolves, or any other wolf for that matter!

'Elfhunter" sounds like a redactable euphamism for something, at least on these boards.

My apologies...I really did mean Elves..

We hatses them!!!

Please hunt the tree hugging arrowshooters instead of innocent wolves...

• Like 6

She looks awesome!

My apologies...I really did mean Elves..

We hatses them!!!

Please hunt the tree hugging arrowshooters instead of innocent wolves...

Hunt all the Tree Huggers you want....

Just make sure it's only the Tree Huggers......

But, speaking of gun actions, I have no idea what action Sophie's gun would employ!  It can't be a lever action because it doesn't appear to have the right type of magazine, and it can't be much of anything else because of the lack of a bolt, pump, or whatever.  Now that I type this all out, though, I guess she must be using a muzzle loader (she does appear to have a hammer on her gun).  And I guess that that makes some sense if she's going to be shooting valuable and rare silver bullets!

Maybe it is some sort of Sharps Rifle?

• Like 5

We can't really see the 'important' bits that would reveal what mechanism it uses.

I can't see the lever that you'd find on a winchester repeating rifle.

There seems to be a centered cock on it, not a bolt, so that mostly rules out the early repeaters such as Krag Jørgensen and most single-shot bolt-action rifles.

The barrel has a hexagon shape outside, which isn't common these days.

(It adds weight without adding much, if any, to the structural integrity of the barrel)

It could have been a Springfield 'Trap Door' model, but they still had the cock to the side. Also, the barrel doesn't match.

Lets just assume it's a custom rifle, probably firing .66"(or rather .666") caliber fragmenting silver shells.

• Like 6