Thrym

03430 :: Young Swamp Dragon :: Copper Dragon on Marbled Tiled Hex Base

I should really scrounge around hardware stores for some leftover bits of natural stone tiles. It looks lovely!

Thanks.  I find tiles for similar stuff all over ...  Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, and even some Dollar Stores.  Not like Dollar Tree but shops that have odds and ends they buy.  Look in the big stores for stuff that's clearanced out because a tile or two on a mesh sheet are broken or missing.  They sell them to allow people to replace individual pieces, etc.  I have tons of these for bases about.

Nicely done!

Really nicely done on this dragon, such cool colors!

Looks amazing!

Nice patina!

Cool idea and great execution!

Awesome job, I love how this turned out!

Thank you, guys.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cygnwulf
      So my favorite inlaw and I were talking  Saturday morning, and she mentioned to me that she really wants me to paint her a dragon.  One thing lead to another and before you knew it, she was picking Blighfang out of the bones catalog.

She then asked if it would be possible to base the colors on a favorite tea set, to which I really agreed because it's a little unusual

I made a quick mock up that got the approval

It didn't take me long to get to the store and pick up a dragon.w
      Last night I sat down and did the assembly.  There were a few gaps but nothing major. 
      Today I had about an hour to play with it, so I spent it using some Stynlrez to prime and sketch in my colors.

Still really rough, and not really the blue-black I want to end up with, this is mostly a color sketch done really fast work the airbrush so I have something to start with. Pretty much everything from here will be brush work.  I'm a little on the fence about the yellow in the membranes, though I really like it on the belly. 

• By TaleSpinner
      So, here I am again, starting another WIP; I'm hoping I actually finish this one. 

Anyway, I have a need in some upcoming games for a colossal red dragon as a lieutenant to the BBEG.  I'm expecting this to be a reoccurring character, so I want a decent paint job on it. That said, I am not aiming for much more that table-top quality here, and will be using every speed painting technique in my toolbox to crank this one out, hopefully before the next game in mid November.

I am also going to use it to christen my new Patriot airbrush and airbrush booth.  Last night, I primed the whole model in Brown Liner.  It took about 3/4 of a bottle, and I didn't have too much over spray.  This is a big model.

As I have said in the past, I like trying something new with every project; this one it is the use of an air brush.  I want to use this model to develop control and precision both with my Patriot and Sotar brushes.  Prior to this, I really haven't attempted much more than priming with an airbrush.

Here's a picture of him in my spray booth.

Have a great day!

Andy
    • By Neatpete
      The new Kickstarter got me motivated to dig up some old bones. I realized after all these years I have never painted a dragon, so I got after it. Rather happy with how this came out.

• By Maledrakh
      A large mini ragepainted sloppyfast in under an hour just to blow off some steam and get it off the tray it has been standing around for ages on.
      Well, large mini I say. Compared to most other dragons of the Bones kickstarters, this one is rather smallish.
      However, back in the day when heavy metal was king, this mini would be considered a large miniature of a dragon.

pics below the clicks
    • By sorcerersapprentice
      Hello Everyone :)  In a few days time I will be attempting to set a new world record for the worlds largest modular dungeon tile set. I hope to see you there for this latest project of mine to help me make history. :)
      Review Soloman Temple Squares II Kickstarter Campaign
      Kind Regards,
      Kris

• Who's Online   54 Members, 1 Anonymous, 172 Guests (See full list)