So I was at this store where they're selling off Skylanders toys at a steep discount... like a buck or two each. And I got to looking at this angry looking tree...

I found that it had much in common with Jason Wiebe's "Spirit of the Forest." But bigger. Regrettably, it was painted to resemble a sort of World of Warcraft Pokemon.

And so I bought a couple and began an experiment...

0b742f6a32618e6c4ef15f93dd9d807d.jpg

• Like 15
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tree Guys have a lot of potential. Most of that is silly, but silly is my thing. Have FUN with them.

Hey, Groot was goofy, too, but he's the character everyone remembers. And I'm not looking to create great art, I'm looking to reinforce my Tree Army at less than two bucks a tree.

This weekend was busy, but I was able to get a bit done. The Mark I is complete, except for basing. The Mark II will be similar, but in a different color scheme. Upon finishing both, I will ponder whether there will be a Mark III, possibly in a different pose....

54bdaf40cefbb99cd82956efcd0d4cd3.jpg

• Like 11

The Mark 1 and Mark 2, with ST:OS away team from Heritage.

7098ed5f70db2f7bba1b249fad13643c.jpg

The trees are still a tad bit Animesque for my taste, but for a final cost of around two dollars each plus a few hours of effort, this isn't bad at all.

Heritage's Star Trek figures, on the other hand, are awful. Kirk's pose makes it look like his crotch is magnetized towards the nearest Orion Slave Girl, McCoy looks like Mr. Magoo wearing a wig (and with no mouth or lips sculpted), and Spock's face is canted at about a 70 degree angle off from the angle of his head, like someone stuck his face on partially sideways. Of them all, only Scotty looks anything like his TV counterpart...

• Like 7

What a neat idea! And a thrifty use of remaindered Skylander figures. They don't look half bad for two bucks and some green dyed moss.

The Mark 1 and Mark 2, with ST:OS away team from Heritage.7098ed5f70db2f7bba1b249fad13643c.jpg

The trees are still a tad bit Animesque for my taste, but for a final cost of around two dollars each plus a few hours of effort, this isn't bad at all.

Heritage's Star Trek figures, on the other hand, are awful. Kirk's pose makes it look like his crotch is magnetized towards the nearest Orion Slave Girl, McCoy looks like Mr. Magoo wearing a wig (and with no mouth or lips sculpted), and Spock's face is canted at about a 70 degree angle off from the angle of his head, like someone stuck his face on partially sideways. Of them all, only Scotty looks anything like his TV counterpart...

Well, at this distance they look great. Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3