Sign in to follow this  
Kang

Kang Jr.'s first painted mini

Not sure how I posted this new thread twice, is there a way to delete one of them? Argh.

Kang

That's a pretty decent paint job!!!

Well done!!!

And speaking as a 50+yrs old...get yourself a visor...works like a charm.

A jeweller's headband with magnifiers is what I use,..

• Like 1

Thanks for the merge, and the encouragement.

Been stubborn, resisting using corrective lenses, my eyes only started to go within the past couple years, so I'm sure I just need a little time to break down and get it dealt with... I do have a (cheap) visor, just hate wearing it. Maybe I will get a better one. Drug store mag glasses are a must to make out small print that's too small to make out at arm's length where I can still focus... Dollar store mag glasses, well let's just say you get what you paid for...

Actually I've always enjoyed collecting, assembly and converting more than painting anyhow. Heresy, I know. Thus I am happy to sit and watch my son paint for now, but I will get surely back to some of my old unfinished painting projects eventually.

Kang

• Like 1

Thanks for the merge, and the encouragement.

Been stubborn, resisting using corrective lenses, my eyes only started to go within the past couple years, so I'm sure I just need a little time to break down and get it dealt with... I do have a (cheap) visor, just hate wearing it. Maybe I will get a better one. Drug store mag glasses are a must to make out small print that's too small to make out at arm's length where I can still focus... Dollar store mag glasses, well let's just say you get what you paid for...

Actually I've always enjoyed collecting, assembly and converting more than painting anyhow. Heresy, I know. Thus I am happy to sit and watch my son paint for now, but I will get surely back to some of my old unfinished painting projects eventually.

Kang

Another option could be ...bigger miniatures...large scale /busts etc...

Yeah, that is a great idea!  I have been doing some backyard metal casting to scratch my creative itches over the past few years as well, but my life-long love for minis is a powerful thing...

Kang

• Like 1