• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Continuing deeper into the dry steppe I cane across a brass dragon in its native habitat.  I think she was keeping watch over a nearby nomadic tribe but she took off before I was able to ask.

Another old piece of miniature history, this is the brass dragon from the 3rd and final dragon of the month series by Grenadier.  The amount of energy put into this mini is pretty amazing and, like all its brethren, this dragon has stood the test of time.  I painted this one using a basecoat of scale 75 metallic but then did all the highlight work using a wax metallic set I recently acquired on sale.  
      Hope you like her; this series does have some seriously dramatic positions for the dragons, especially when you consider that these are all softer, lead based minis.

• By Kangaroorex
      Further efforts to produce a dozen dragons this year brought me out to the desert sands where even dragons new to worry about being spotted if they want a decent meal.  To this end desert dragons are campflaged to look like the ground from above and the sky from below.

Hope you enjoy him 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you fine purveyors or all things Reaper and miniature related!

So here this evening, I'm posting up a miniature sculpted by Dennis Mize back in 1989 (I actually looked at the bottom before adhering him on to his base) and you may or may not recognize him.  

He's a more "realistic" version of a certain comic book classic, Groo the Wanderer, officially named in the Iron Wind Metal Site as a Brainless Barbarian:

In case you've never actually met him, here is what he looks like in the two-dimensional world:

Super-fun mini to paint, pretty straightforward, the only issue that I had created in my mind was painting his tunic orange, kind of to match his comic book coloring, but in the end it was a bit easier than I thought.  I think it was also way back in the day that maybe Dark Horse Miniatures made cartoon versions of him as miniatures.  I would one day love to snag some of those, but that will be for another Ebay adventure I'm sure. 

So a double blast to the past, both in comic book and miniature form, hope you enjoy!

• By Kangaroorex
      Another of the older dragons completed.  This has to have been my favorite miniature series.  Over the course of a few years Grenadier brought out 37 new dragons, all of them unique and yet obviously part of the same world.  

This is from the third series and the sculptor is William Watt.  I love the level of detail and, in general how well these have held up over the decades.  These are always a joy to paint.

I based him on a 3 inch base and tried to give it a blasted heath effect which makes him stand out pretty well.  I'm still trying to complete 12 dragons this year and I am nearly there!  Hope you enjoy him!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello Reaper brethren,

So some more Shadowrun tonight, a Female Rigger with Pistol, sculpted by Jim Johnson, that enigmatic sculptor of yore.  I ended up really liking this figure, just general fun, and when I saw her shirt and coat, it reminded me a little bit of a Russian sailor, so tried some stripes on the t-shirt and some kind of dark blue peacoat.  I was really struggling to figure out what color I wanted her boots to be and almost made them bright yellow, but then calmed down and went for a redstone shadow base color.  I of course see all my imperfections and dots of dust but it seems that for the most part, once I've gotten to that part of taking pictures, unless I see something really gawdawful, I'm just not going to do any repainting or touching up.  So here she is in all her lilac haired glory:

I took a lot of different angles because she's one of those not so flat figures, where just a front and back seem to be enough. As always, metals are torture, but if you don't keep trying to paint something you'll never get better, so just paint and paint again.

So, enjoy!

• Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)