Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I love this model. Even with her slightly too-long sword hilt and bendy sword. I straightened it, but it has slowly bent again.
This is a figure to represent a female paladin of Sarenrae for our Pathfinder Reign of Winter campaign: a redhead whose favorite color is green. That is why she is on a snow base.
I wanted to spend a lot of time on her, and am very happy with the blending on the gray NMM. It took about 3 rounds of painting transitions then glazing over the lines to smooth everything out.
I tried a little weathering to the leather scabbards and belt to make them look scratched from adventuring use.
This was also the first time I tried giving a female figure makeup: blush, eye shadow, and lipstick. I'm not sure how good that came out, I'll let you all tell me.
The sword blade was the least successful part. It just didn't want to cooperate, which is due in part to the softer details on the casting.
I hope you like her as much as I do. C&C Welcome.
This was a very fun group to paint. They also went very fast. I finished them in January, but just got around to photographing them.
I can't pick a favorite, they all have so much personality. I tried some OSL on the fire elemental's base.
The camera settings were changed on the solo shots of the air elemental to tone down the white from overpowering.
It ended up kind of dark.
I finished these in January. I just got around to photographing them.
They may show up in our Reign of Winter campaign. The blue and red ornaments were an experiment with mixing regular paint with metallic medium.
I wasn't trying to make their eyes look like they had pupils and were looking up. I was trying to make them look like soul-less lumps of ruby or amber, but I think the happy accident works fine. It makes them look like they are concentrating on getting the star onto their tree top.
I painted them both the same base green, then washed them with different colors, one blue-green, the other green-brown. They then got hightlighted differently: One Moth Green, the other Olive Green. The result is some ability to differentiate them on the table even without the other differently colored details.
Enjoy. C&C Welcome.
Here is a water elemental I finished a while back.
Some of the pics look a little darker, as I messed with the gamma on the camera to try to prevent the white washing everything out.
This is an oldie-but-goodie, with a sculpt that has a lot of character in the "face."
I wanted it to look like it was coming up out of the water at the beach, so I made the base simple like beach sand.
C&C Welcome, as always.
I recently started a project to go through the Bones 1 KS models I have in order from a printout of the Rewards pictures.
Here is the first project: Cassie, Gnome Wizard. There are some great examples of her out there. I knew I wanted a purple-haired gnome, and just went from there.
The most aggravating part of this miniature was the cloak. I wasn't planning on spending so much time on these figures, but I tried a freehand Raindrop pattern, and it took a long time.
Link to WIP
Who's Online 27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 159 Guests (See full list)
- Darsc Zacal
- Jordan Peacock
- Chris Palmer
- Grumpy Cave Bear
- Doug Sundseth
- Pezler the Polychromatic