Sirithiliel

Elven Rooster Rider

Chocobo?!  Nice conversion.  Which kickstarter gave you metal roosters?  That's spectacular!  We'll be awaiting pics of the painted version.

• Like 1

Chocobo?!  Nice conversion.  Which kickstarter gave you metal roosters?  That's spectacular!  We'll be awaiting pics of the painted version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584137481/tag-28mm-halfling-militia-rooster-rider-miniatures/descriptionthis one

Those are too awesome.  I picked up some plastic ones from Wyrd to use for my Cryx undead cavalry, so that I could have death chickens. :D

• Like 5

Looking forward to seeing your rooster paint job.  I've got a whole unit of these (12? 16? I can't remember) to paint up.  Not sure if I'll keep the halflings or go with an assortment of riders....

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing your rooster paint job.  I've got a whole unit of these (12? 16? I can't remember) to paint up.  Not sure if I'll keep the halflings or go with an assortment of riders....

i wasn't too fond of the halfling's style, but while at the Boneyard during Reapercon i found the elf archer and figured she'd fit well enough if the roosters were the size of horses, which they are so it worked out great

i'm thinking a classic rooster design:

rooster-2zkpi3lo1x4t9dh5yzin0q.png

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      I wasn't planning on ever doing any more Work In Progress threads (The number of threads I've abandoned outnumber my finished threads by a pretty ridiculous amount at this point), but I'm trying to get back into the habit of painting every day and my brain is being a real jerk about it (he'd be a lot happier if I gave up on this whole painting nonsense and just stared mindlessly at a screen all day).
      So the idea is if I post an update a day, regardless of how much progress I've made, I'll shame myself into making sure I've done enough for a worthwhile update or something.

Day 1 (Which was yesterday):-

The King and his Seahorse have been undercoated, washed and I've started on the base, I got part way through applying the pumice paste before I realised I couldn't get to the middle without getting it all over the Seahorses tail/tentacles/tail-acles?
      Today I want to try and finish the base, and maybe start on the Seahorse. 
    • By lazarp
      I painted this fellow as a Hobgoblin, I like his blue nose  Thanks for looking!

• By lazarp
      So this is the test figure for my orc warband for frostgrave and mordhein (WIP thread here)

I like the palette so far and I'm happy how this guy turned out. I will post other minis as I paint them. Cheers! 

• By Citrine
      I had used a bunch of leftover paint for the Reaper bones version of Aviriel Tellerion (77070), and those colors where more in the "evil spectrum" so I switched her over to being a dark elf.  Very happy with how her face turned out, sadly she is looking down so you cannot really see it on the table.
      It has been a while since I posted, I have had a slump in my desire to paint this spring and I tend to wait until I have a bunch to show off to get the light box out.   Avirion here was painted in March.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".

Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.

Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 120 Guests (See full list)