Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I painted this one as part of a duo with @Maledrakh for this month's RCL. Not my finest work, lot of frustration with it; most of the shading you see is being done by my lighting setup, which really needs refined. And the highlights look in the wrong spot in places. Eh, I myself am a constant work in progress.
Still, it's one more mini done for this year, which puts me way ahead of what I finished last year. And the color scheme resemblance to Goku from DBZ is purely coincidental.
Thanks for looking.
Finished but not 100% satisfied maybe about 90%. The sculpt's look is fine but following the instructions the shadows came out too dark and the highlights barely noticeable the actual light over my table is doing more to highlight. Don't think this guy is the best to learn on due to the staff really blocking areas and making them hard to paint. If the staff was sculpted separate and you then glued it on I think it would be better. However for table top quality I this is fine and as always i learned some stuff. I have another Anirion that I'll try again on at a later date.
It's been a slow few weeks painting wise because work wise has been crazy but I almost finished with the LTPK2. Here is Ingrid. I am pretty pleased with her and feel like I learned a LOT. She also has the best eyes I've been able to manage thus far. Everything else either gets just a black dot or no eyes at all.
I apologize for the bad pictures, I am working on getting a proper background set up but for right now I just hold them up to the light and take a photo and hope it comes out well.
By Sophie was taken
Painted (mostly) by-the-numbers, Anirion:
This was a departure from my normal style of painting, and I made a number of mistakes, but wanted to stick to the instructions and see how it all turned out. All things considered, I think it looks decent.
I didn’t worry about trying to correct the bend in the staff or any mold lines. And I added a third highlight layer (more yellow) to the robes, to make them pop just a bit more. The camera washed these out, it seems.
The little details probably deserved more attention, but the focus here was clearly on the robes. I think I did learn a few new things, hopefully for the better. More practice will help. Comments and critiques welcome.
Who's Online 14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)