That base looks amazing, both the original and your color choice.  I can honestly say I never would have come up with those colors, and now I want to steal the idea sometime!  :)

The inks are there to give the stone a 'real' look and feel, as stone is very very seldom mono color....

The colors will tone down to very little with the next stage of dry brushing....

• Like 3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That base looks amazing, both the original and your color choice.  I can honestly say I never would have come up with those colors, and now I want to steal the idea sometime!  :)

The inks are there to give the stone a 'real' look and feel, as stone is very very seldom mono color....

The colors will tone down to very little with the next stage of dry brushing....

Makes sense, looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

• Like 1

George, maybe next time dilute the red and purple inks a little more?

These were MSP inks that I borrowed from Mad Jack at Paint day, and I had never tried them before......

I am going to have to get some and experiment at some point....

more new stuff shortly....

• Like 4

I suppose it depends on what you're going for, but I like the strong color variations.  It helps give the base a spooky, not-of-this-world feel.

Yeah honestly, I like the look, but of course that all depends on what you are looking for as Dr_Automaton says.

• Like 1

Here is where it is at right now...

GW Red, Blue, Green, Brown, Flesh Wash inks applied via Q-TipTM

With a coat of my Tomwise Sauce, and a spray of Dullcote in between...

GW Codex Grey, Kommando Khaki, Fortress Grey, VMC Stone Grey, applied via dry brush

post-14271-0-62048100-1485294780.jpg post-14271-0-24946300-1485294781.jpg post-14271-0-86908300-1485294781.jpg

going to try to dullcote it again......

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 13