• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you told me you'd carved this from stone yourself them added skulls to it, I'd believe you. Incredible work so far! In very curious to know if you're going to fill the other 3 pillars with anything.

When I got the bases, I thought a lot about that.  The material is soft enough to drill holes into the three pillars.  Pretty much anything could be put on them.  I was thinking candelabras, skull piles, small to medium sized statues, ruined arches, a ring of blood/other liquid, and the list pretty much goes on.  You could, with some patience, cut off one or two at their bases to open up the larger base as well.  But I think he said that he's just going to use it for general terrain.

• Like 2

If you told me you'd carved this from stone yourself them added skulls to it, I'd believe you. Incredible work so far! In very curious to know if you're going to fill the other 3 pillars with anything.

When I got the bases, I thought a lot about that.  The material is soft enough to drill holes into the three pillars.  Pretty much anything could be put on them.  I was thinking candelabras, skull piles, small to medium sized statues, ruined arches, a ring of blood/other liquid, and the list pretty much goes on.  You could, with some patience, cut off one or two at their bases to open up the larger base as well.  But I think he said that he's just going to use it for general terrain.

this one will be just a terrain piece....

the other.......

• Like 1

In our game last weekend, the baddie was draining the blood of six kidnapped girls who all had magical powers. Their blood was draining into a carved pentagram on the ground and he was powering up the circle to summon something. This reminds me a lot of how my imagination formed that picture. Just fill those little grooves up with some blood.....

This is looking awesome!

Edit: Do you have any snakes or creepy crawleys that you can have slithering out of any of the skulls' eye sockets?

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 3

Blood is a good one. Another idea is glowing runes and pentacle.

There have been some cool paint jobs done of these for Cthulhu Wars. Might be worth a google search.

Here are a couple interesting ones (note that they are usually themed around the factions for the game or painted more generically for all to use):

244709.jpg

244735.jpg

Edited by Talae
  • Like 4