Sign in to follow this  

Since I posted some of my work where I converted certain reaper miniatures into kitsune a while ago, I figured I would post one of the newer kitsune that I've painted recently. I got this miniature from "Everyman Gaming", they have been getting a site called imagine3dminiatures.com to 3d print miniatures for them.

This miniature was a bit difficult to paint because I had to clean off a lot of plastic nubs that were leftover from the 3d printing process. I kept finding more even after I primed the miniature. I also had to cut the mini off of its 30mm base and glue it to one of reaper's 1 inch scale bases. However, in the end the mini came out very well! Well, some parts came out a bit messy, like the gold on the shield, and the black wash. Luckily, in real life people won't be able to see the messy black wash that I put on the mini, lol.

Painting this mini was a lot of fun, so I'm planning to paint Everyman's nine tailed kitsune miniature soon :D

post-8570-0-83117200-1485572601.jpg

post-8570-0-60556300-1485572602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matrix Dragon
  • Like 14

You're both right, I should have taken pictures of that mini at eye level. I'm still getting used to my new picture taking setup, lol. At eye level, you can see how the mini uses the tail is used to hold itself up so that it is in a 'leaping' pose. 

post-8570-0-57306300-1485639373_thumb.jpg

post-8570-0-15163400-1485639374.jpg

• Like 5

For all the trouble, he came out looking nice!

Thanks! I was actually worried that it wouldn't come out well because I usually don't like the way they have to do fur on 3d printed minis. They can't do a fur 'texture', so they have to make it all wavy. Luckily, that didn't end up detracting from things :)