Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Ral Partha T-Rex by Glitterwolf

Is that an endearing smile or what? She is LOVELY...BEAUTIFULLY  painted & boasting a STUNNING base. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Sweet!  I still need to add all the RP dinosaurs to my collection - though I do have the Reaper T-Rex and Triceratops boxes tucked away in my stash.

The Egg

• Like 1

Thank you all!

I have more Dinos and stuff coming up. Thx to Jasper the 2nd I also got the Ral Partha Triceratops.

Right now I'm working on a huge scorpion, check out the Lost World Project..

She was a lot of fun to do.

• Like 2

Nice stuff. I like how you carried the back color down the sides in stripes. Subtle but effective and convincing. Also like the way you dealt with the pebbly skin texture.

• Like 1

Thank you all!

Your comments are very motivating!

Here she is compared to my earlier DSA-T-Rex, Angelica Faiweather and my Giganotosaurus with riders.

(for those who wonder , check out my Lost World Project)

post-13975-0-39293600-1485683434_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-79845300-1485683449_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-45322100-1485683467_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      The second Giant Snake from the Artisan Guild set.
      3D Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

WIP :https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/163/#comments

I was inspired by the African Bush Viper.

Added extra pics taken indoors after applying antishine varnish below.

• By 72moonglum
      And another Shadowrun figure, the third figure from what was originally a three piece set of Elven subtypes.

This dapper gentleman is a Wakyambi, which from what I read on line (haven't ever actually ever played Shadowrun or own any of the gaming books), he's an African Elf Subtype, tall and thin.  He was fun to paint, but his dingly dangly stuff eventually just made me cry for mercy in the hopes I would someday finish. His necklace and his little staff had quite a bit of details to it, as well has his funky monkey belt buckle.

and here is the set in its entirety, not completely great focus, but it's hard to get three figures to focus nicely:

So three more finished, I wonder how many more I can get done before I go to the great beyond?  Hopefully 50 or more per year for another thirty to forty years, but we'll see....
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello to all you bovine aficionados!

So a while back ago I did a normal minotaur, Greek-type mythological beast with an axe on two legs.   This one is a little different, it's a Shadowrun Minotaur which has a bull's body and a "primate" face.  I think Jim Johnson sculpted it back in the nineties, as usual forgot to check for a date on the bottom.  Pretty straight forwards colors, and it's actually kind of a big and heavy model. Put him on an oval base because there was no way he was going to fit on a normal size circle one:

Anyhoos, hope you guys all enjoy him!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello there fine followers of the fine Reaper faith and Happy Fourth of July for those in Gringolandia!

So here is my Shadowrun Dryad, made by Ral Partha, probably sculpted by Jim Johnson in 1996 if you choose to believe the bottom of the base, and I do.

I did her the same time I did the Night Elf I also just recently posted, but one of the eyes on this green haired chicky poo, I just couldn't get it like I wanted to, so I went back and redid the eye, and I still didn't like it, so this is the third version, which I'm also not super duper satisfied with, but there comes a point when I just give up to move to the next small piece of metal.

So here she is:

and here is a close up of her eyes.  Her left one hs that spoke that I just didn't get closed properly.  From really close it's very noticeable, but only kind of noticeable from afar and I really couldn't tell with the actual figure, only with the zoom of modern technology.  I never had these issues back in the eighties.

Anyway, I like some of these Shadowrun figures, because besides being just generally cool, they kind of cross two genres.  This one and the other night elf, could easily be fantasy figures, nothing really would orient them to actual science fiction.

So back to the painting table!  Enjoy your Independence Day, or in the rest of the world, Saturday!

• By MusicalFeline
      So, I recently purchased the "Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments Monsters Paint Set". Came with a bunch of Army Painter washes and paints and yadda yadda yadda...

But it also came with this neat Owlbear mini, which is what I have to share with you guys today!

First eyes I ever successfully painted. But in my defense, I'd only ever tried on minis with smallish eyes, which was NOT the brightest idea I'd ever had. The left eye turned out really good in my opinion, but the right one was a bit messy.

I also need to do so me touch-up work on the base. I got a bit careless with the wash, and uh... Yeeeeah.

Lastly and leastly, I didn't upload an outdoor picture as I usually do. That'll probably come later, provided I don't forget. 

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)