Sign in to follow this  
Lucian523

Black Legionnaire & Paladin Initiate

Black Legionnaire SKU 02490

Paladin Initiate SKU 02795

The black knight was my 3rd mini that I painted, he could have been a paladin I suppose, but I wanted this particular mini to the opposite of the next mini, which would be the paladin. I think the red contrasts the black pretty well, and I like the silver and red scheme I used on the scabbard. Unfortunately because of the visor on the helmet, I wasn’t able to paint the eyes very well. I ended up using a matte color for the sword blade and highlighting the high points with silver. I also highlighted the edges of the hilt a little bit.

post-15442-0-69152200-1485745739_thumb.jpg

post-15442-0-26829800-1485745740.jpg

This is the 4th mini I painted. The original plan for the paladin was to have him wearing crimson red armor, trimmed with white or silver, but when I painted him for some reason the colors did not go well together (likely due to lack of proper shading!) and the mini looked terrible. So I took paint thinner and a toothbrush and scrubbed the mini back to bare metal and repainted him. I’m glad I did as I’m much happier with this paint scheme, although the way I painted the armor doesn’t seem to leave room for shading in retrospect. I had the same problem painting the eyes on this guy because of the visor, so the eyes are the simple style.

post-15442-0-67070000-1485745745.jpg

post-15442-0-18929900-1485745746.jpg

• Like 8

Nice stuff.

Might I suggest flocking the bases?

A bit of pva and static grass or maybe railroad sands, that will make them look even better.

• Like 1