• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Waylandrk
      Plenty to paint with the new stuff so started somewhere simple while sorting through the small horde of miniatures that thudded onto the doorstep.
      In reality the head hasn't turned out that good , thank you sunlight, but did look okay and I love the purples on the cloak. The armour isn't quite how I would have liked but tried drybrushing the whole thing rather than relying on a deep wash. Fun figure though 🙂
      Also followed the advice of Rhonda and made colour charts. Really useful as I switch to Reaper paints from others.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, some more Underworld dwellers. Here are my 44045, Shrieking Fungi sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone. Here it is, I completed my chimeric aberration. At the heart of the barren wasteland, during a cursed journey to redemption, the champion met a limping chimeric aberration. It has the main features of a giant hound, a vulture head stretches out of its right side and a hulking insect head sits on the left side.

Every part I used are from Reaper Miniatures. The main body is a 02817 Moor Hound sculpted by Ben Siens. The two extra heads are from 03069, Hooked Hulk sculpted by Michael Brower which are included in 03440 creature components pack 2. The spiked tail is from a 14456 Mastema sculpted by Julie Guthrie, included in 03334 Creature Components. The wings are from a 03641 Gunslinger model sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I finally swapped its left side paws for claw and a palmed foot at the back. These parts are part of the 03440 creature components pack 2.

The colors are all Reaper MSP paint. I was inspired by the Cù-Sìth from the Scottish folklore for the main body. The additional heads have traditional vulture and praying mantis colors. Due to the large size of the monster, I built a 50mm wide base. I plan to create the stats for this monster and build a surprise encounter for my fellow D&D player. Let me know what you think about it.

Here is the link to the WIP.

More pics under the spoiler.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are some pictures of a 02126, Arachno-Assassin sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I had this damaged mini for a long time and I decided to replace its upper left hand falchion for a sword from the 02455, Weapons pack IV. It was a very fun and easy model to paint. I intend to use it as a "boss" in a major encounter, so I painted it in red to increase the focus on it and point out how dangerous it is. The bluish bladed sword will be magical, maybe even cursed. 

• By MoonglowMinis
      Better late than never.

Here's some fun Pumpkin Horrors I painted up for @Inarah for Secret Sophie this past December.  I was still riding on my Halloween spirit when Secret Sophie began, but wanted to do something that fit the winter theme.  Inspired by the snowman-like design of the Pumpkin horrors and my own past mistakes of leaving pumpkins outside to rot all winter, I decided to do a holiday mashup with these guys left out in the cold too long.

With some time having passed, I wish I would have made them look a bit rotten and frost-bitten, but I also like the more colorful result.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

These were some fun minis and my first time working with metal.  I have now broken the seal and have started looking into other minis that I previously considered off-limits.  I also enjoyed participating in Secret Sophie and joining in to some of the forum shenanigans.  I highly recommend participating in these kinds of things for any who have been reticent.

What are some of your favorite holiday minis?
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)