• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      The companion unit to the archers presented earlier. 

The back pumpkin is from a set of doll house decorations, the front two are from the Reaper pumpkin blister.

Corn is made by JTT Scenery Products.

The shields being large and mostly smooth were conductive to freehanding the pumpkins on.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      When the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch on Halloween to bring toys and gifts to the deserving, and a painful smiting to the pumpkin smashers, it is vital that He should covering fire if He needs it....

Four of these were among the first minis I painted for the Army of the Great Pumpkin, and I finally got around to getting them enough friends to make a unit. The large Jack O Lantern is from Reaper's pumpkin pack, I don't remember who manufactured the tree, I picked it up in the model railroad section of a hobby store sometime around 1997. There's also an Army Painter Wasteland Grass tuft. The fence was scratch made from balsa wood.

Painted their shoulder skulls orange to represent the skulls of pumpkin smashers dyed with the remains of their innocent victims so as the pumpkin spirits can rest easy knowing they have been avenged...

Both the older "white and bendy" Bones and the newer grey "better detailed and not bendy" Bones are in the unit.

Later I need to spray primer the elf outta this so the leaves stay put.

The increased detail of the grey Bones really made itself evident while painting these.

• By KruleBear
      This one has been on the desk for awhile to receive paint as there was extra on the palette. I decided to finish him off last night. Added highlights to the cloak and skulls. Shaded everything, but the cloak with Army Painter Dark Tone. I didn’t add any highlights or shading beyond the basics as it isn’t a great cast. But, I think it turned out great for the toy box. 

• By KruleBear
      Another one bites the dust….😆

One of my favorite sculpt…but in the old Bones plastic. I put a little extra into the base, otherwise it was a pretty straight forward zen of Bones quick paint job. Overall I like the scheme and it has given me ideas for when I paint my metal version. Not sure about the green face and the blue glow under the rib cage is too subtle. 

And as an aside …..the quality of Testors Dullcoat is not nearly as good as it was a decade ago. The newer formulation continues to give me a semi gloss finish.  Oh well. 
    • By Waylandrk
      Plenty to paint with the new stuff so started somewhere simple while sorting through the small horde of miniatures that thudded onto the doorstep.
      In reality the head hasn't turned out that good , thank you sunlight, but did look okay and I love the purples on the cloak. The armour isn't quite how I would have liked but tried drybrushing the whole thing rather than relying on a deep wash. Fun figure though 🙂
      Also followed the advice of Rhonda and made colour charts. Really useful as I switch to Reaper paints from others.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)