Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I love me some weekend painting!
Got another one from the 90's batch of Ral Partha's. This one is a Drow Elf. Was feeling like trying some of the darker skin tones after watching another RVE on it. Feels pretty good!
* Skin combo: Black Brown, Black Red, Orange Red. Used in conjunction with one another. The highlights are still on the darker side, but you can still make out muscle and shape. Win!
* Used copper/brown combo to bring this guy to life. Feels very warm, but still needs some kind of "pop" color somewhere. I tried to make that happen on the fletchings on the bolts, but feels like it needs more.
* Gradient work on the weapon. I was trying to think of it radiating heat, since this is the underdark afterall. I wasn't able to pull off a glowing effect or OSL, but it seems like it works.
* The face - getting the mustache, side burns, and eyes to really pop was fun. I feel VERY happy about the eyes.
* Not wild about the accessories colors.
* Questioning the color chosen for the sword.
* Was messing around a few times on what parts were wood, metal, or otherwise on the crossbow. Meh.
* Hair is still an area I struggle with. I did 3 layers on this one. Deep grey, light grey, white. I feel it comes out strong, but not super good on showing definition or volume in the hair.
Always open to any feedback anyone has.
I'm also curious to think of what kind of base to put this guy on. Any thoughts?
By Lidless Eye
In my first set of finished miniatures in 2021, a selection of heroes from Stonehaven Adventurers 2020 Kickstarter. They were primed at the end of 2020 after a end of year arrival, but painted over the last month or so.
The whole of my finished ones:
My favorite of the set. They showed her as concept art on Instagram about 3 projects ago, I'm glad to see her in physical form finally.
I got a very Nott the Brave vibe from this one:
A Kobold with some fancy gear:
Some live some day in the way of the froggy guys:
A Dragonborn Wizard:
Some live some die in the way of this Hobgoblin Guy...wait I used that one already? Darn.
This was an experiment with color. I decided to give the Limited Palette challenge a try last night. The challenge is 3 colors, plus black and white. Specifically, the three colors must be a blue, green, and pink. I chose cyan blue, gnoll pelt, and cactus flower. I'm quite happy with how she came out, for a figure I wasn't terribly interested in to begin with.
Sorry, my camera could not handle a close-up of the face.
For anyone wondering about the red hair, a strange thing happens when you mix cactus flower and gnoll pelt....
The base is from Secret Weapon.
I had started this meaning to use it for the reapercon quad color clash. But I took too long and then decided it need another 3 colors. So technically it's 7 color. Mint green vampire mist, dungeon grey, some old hd blue who's label fell off, carbon grey, shadowed stone, golden glow.
By Conan the Painter
I already have the human blacksmith, but I wanted another blacksmith. Unfortunately I applied the paint to thick at parts (which didn't really help the fact that her face was kinda just a tiny glob already) but Ive got a wet palette that Ill be trying to use next time. I'm also absolutely awful at painting female faces, they always look ridiculous once I paint them haha. Anyways, and criticisms and advice are always welcome
Who's Online 9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)