Crowley

David's Chainmail Orc Druid

I picked up my Orc Druid from e-bay, and he arrived already sort of painted. 

16387270_10210371428074318_2727551790062

So into the paint stripper he went, and on the other side came out looking much better!

16299209_10210371429034342_4098431655700

And then tonight he got painted with brush on primer. 

16473794_10210371430714384_8418900846699

For the most part he's a well sculpted mini, though there is a mold line running across the skull on the staff, and then down the staff and across his right hand. The other big on is on the underside of his left arm. The worst bit to get is between the straps on the back of the staff

Talking tonight with the Knarthex, Dilvish, and CW about skin tones, I think I'm gonna try to match the blue I used for the Black Orcs from Bones 1. 

20140920_183003.jpg

• Like 16

Good idea, I like those blue Orcs.

It seems there is a traitor among them though!

***Oi Uzgluck! Take off that helmetz of yourz! ***

*** Urmm no, I have a rash!***

*** You Wuzzer! You nevah take it off do you?***

*** No, see, this rash... really...I better leave it on***

• Like 3

Nice plan. Is he a lot smaller than those orcs?

Not really. I'll take a picture tonight. The face is radically different, but the size works just fine.

• Like 1

Nice plan. Is he a lot smaller than those orcs?

Not really. I'll take a picture tonight. The face is radically different, but the size works just fine.

His face is different because he is old and steeped in the ways of evil.....

either that or to much tofu...

• Like 3

Not much progress tonight because of D&D. Mostly slapping some blue to test for skin tone against the other black orcs I've painted. This is Void Blue. Might be a bit lighter than I'm looking for, but I can darken it up.

16427535_10210388946672272_4337807864464

• Like 11

The fur was heavy dry brushed with Ebony Flesh/Linen White, the teeth and bone got Dirty Bone, and the leather got Tanned Leather

16830971_10210513961717570_5709441575281

16830633_10210513961957576_5336185705308

• Like 9

Nice work!

I will say this to all the folks painting this guy....

Do all of your work on his skin, at least his arms, and seal it before doing the scars...

and have the eraser brush handy....

• Like 2