Sign in to follow this  
MojoBob

77159 Ghasts — speed-paint

Great quick paint, but i hear you on the mold lines - those are particularly bad

I hate prepping minis - i just want to paint - cleaning up those lines takes way too long and when you get impatient, then it is just frustrating later that you didn't take the time...

Maybe when i grow up i'll be more patient ;)

• Like 1

I pulled these guys from my Bones II container last night with much the same idea of being a quick paint.

Understand the pain on Bones minis with the mouldlines.  Found a lot of luck with the Citadel Mouldline Remover scraper tool or before that basic knife set like X-Acto sell which you can usually pick up mega cheap in shops.  

Those look great; especially for speed paints! I need to play around more with inks.

Also, knarthex found something that he sais works great on Bones moldlines. So sort of seam cutter thingy-mabob. If re doesn't chime in, drop him a PM.

I have started using sand paper on Bones for the more PITA mold lines that you can't get with a scalpel. Scrape in one direction and it slices the lines right off. You can also shape it to get into difficult to reach areas. 

Great speed paints. 

• Like 2

Those look great; especially for speed paints! I need to play around more with inks.

Also, knarthex found something that he sais works great on Bones moldlines. So sort of seam cutter thingy-mabob. If re doesn't chime in, drop him a PM.

Here's the thread I wrote up about it

the thing is awesome...

The ghasts look awesome, by the way....

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 1