Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Inquisitor - Deadlands

From an older set called Deadlands. One of many rescue minis from the bottom of a box in a friend's storage. Something about him was sounding like The Fly, calling out to me. "Paint Me"...."Paint Meeeee."

He also has some pretty bad burns and probably leprosy.

post-11859-0-61776200-1486080703.jpg  

post-11859-0-45676700-1486080704.jpg

post-11859-0-00288500-1486080704.jpg

post-11859-0-62894600-1486082998_thumb.jpg

This is to help somebody with painting eyes. Since I can't figure out how to just post a pic from my computer into a comment.

Edited by Mutilatedlips
  • Like 21

I LOVE the low fi tutorial! - elegant simplicity - if my minis were as big as my screen i think i could do it ;) - practice practice pracice - i just need time to paint

again with the tiny pictures...

I like this guy - i look forward to trying your style of very stark highlights - i really like the way it looks

• Like 2

I LOVE the low fi tutorial! - elegant simplicity - if my minis were as big as my screen i think i could do it ;) - practice practice pracice - i just need time to paint

again with the tiny pictures...

I like this guy - i look forward to trying your style of very stark highlights - i really like the way it looks

It really is just four steps for nice eyes. Still tough to do, but I like that the process is simple.

I made the pictures larger than I usually do. I don't really like them too big, it distorts what they look like. My goal has been to get them to look as close to the way they appear in person.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I don't really like them too big, it distorts what they look like. My goal has been to get them to look as close to the way they appear in person.

There is a LOT of wisdom to this.  I know with my old eyes, i like my paint jobs a lot better BEFORE i see how they look in a photo blown up to the height of my monitor ;)

• Like 3