CMON Rising Sun

SamuraiJack

5 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

The stretch goal box to fit all the other stretch goals in may be one of the smartest I've seen.  Very useful.

If they are going to do a kickstarter exclusive box I'd rather see one like Sword and Sorcery got where it's designed to hold the base game and the stretch goals. 

• Like 1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, cmorse said:

If they are going to do a kickstarter exclusive box I'd rather see one like Sword and Sorcery got where it's designed to hold the base game and the stretch goals. 

This would be ideal, but I am not going to complain. Something is definitely better than nothing.

What do I do?!  I am so torn between this and the upcoming Bones IV.

I mean I can still back late and pay the same to get this set?!

Seems like such a good deal!

But I really like Bones!  

Either way it will be my 1st KS and I don't know which one to do!

Help!!!  Advise!!!

the minis in this one are all very specifically themed to a feudal Japanese setting.  Bones IV is likely to have a wider range of different minis.  Rising Sun also comes with a game attached (neat add-on!); Bones IV is gonna be just minis.

In conclusion: Why not both?

• Like 3

Me too. Rising Sun is pretty niche, so if you need minis in that niche (or if you want the board game!) Rising Sun is the way to go.

Bones IV looks to be all-around excellent from the spoilers we've seen, like in the Reapercon case. But it won't be nearly as tightly tied to one theme as this one was.

My solution: back both! Besides, you know how excited you are about this. You don't know how excited you'll be about Bones IV. The known quantity of excitement is probably worth something.

(Disclaimer: backing both may or may not be the best idea for you.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

You're in the wrong place here if you think anybody would dissuade you from getting 20 more minis ...

20 more..  40 more...  several hundred more...  ;-)  Figmentius must be appeased!  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

You're in the wrong place here if you think anybody would dissuade you from getting 20 more minis ...

The friendly neighborhood barbarian hasn't even commented! This is light enablement.

35 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Guys come on you're killing me!!

I'm trying to NOT get both but I my sensible side is losing the argument!  I thought you guys might keep me from spending on both!!

If you know of someone else who might want a few minis, you can always get friends to contribute a few bucks. This campaign would be good for that--I think we're expecting (small number of) duplicates of a number of the minis for each side. 

Edited by terminalmancer
Auto post merging? Huh, weird. It's a little messy. Cleaning that up.
  • Like 2

If you like Eric Lang's hybrid games (eg. Blood Rage) and his Chaos of the Old World, pick it up.

I passed on this because I'm not *that* much of a fan of Japanese feudal miniatures, and Reaper's core set will be a better price for a "bucket-o-mini's". 

CMON isn't the only company that makes Japanese feudal miniatures, and, while CMON plastic is very good, it still may not be as good as other metal miniature companies. Also, the miniatures are pre-assembled, making mold line removal difficult.

Another consideration is that late backers to CMoN projects sometimes have to wait several months after initial fulfillment before they get their products.  I had that experience with The Others.  It took 6 months after they started initial shipping.