CMON Rising Sun

SamuraiJack

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference from the very first Zombicide models to the Black Plague models was pretty significant.  Still plastic, but their generic models are now about where there hero models were in the original stuff.  The plastic is much stiffer so it holds greater detail.  Still not GW quality plastic, but the cost is not GW either.

• Like 3

Against my better judgement I'm becoming increasingly impressed by the minis they're doing for this.

A question for those who have backed CMON projects before, how do the plastic minis compare to their fancy resin prototypes?

The only CMON I've backed was The Others, which was one of their more recent ones. I was impressed overall with the miniatures and game. I backed it to make use of the Sins miniatures for Pathfinder, but the game itself has been rather fun, even if things can go very wrong very fast for the heroes. I'm looking rather forward to seeing how this goes. That River Dragon miniature is amazing. I'd just like to get a better idea of size for it.

The difference from the very first Zombicide models to the Black Plague models was pretty significant.  Still plastic, but their generic models are now about where there hero models were in the original stuff.  The plastic is much stiffer so it holds greater detail.  Still not GW quality plastic, but the cost is not GW either.

Which is still a far cry from a hand-poured resin miniature, which is why I made the comment. Great game plastic is still plastic. Even KDM plastic isn't close to KDM resin.

I'd rather pay the cost for a detailed miniature.

Against my better judgement I'm becoming increasingly impressed by the minis they're doing for this.

A question for those who have backed CMON projects before, how do the plastic minis compare to their fancy resin prototypes?

The only CMON I've backed was The Others, which was one of their more recent ones. I was impressed overall with the miniatures and game. I backed it to make use of the Sins miniatures for Pathfinder, but the game itself has been rather fun, even if things can go very wrong very fast for the heroes. I'm looking rather forward to seeing how this goes. That River Dragon miniature is amazing. I'd just like to get a better idea of size for it.

I'd forgotten The Others was a CMON game, that changes things a bit. The transition to plastic didn't work too well on some of the smaller minis in that one (IMO).

Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on this one.

I'd forgotten The Others was a CMON game, that changes things a bit. The transition to plastic didn't work too well on some of the smaller minis in that one (IMO).

My experience was that the red miniatures for the Hell Club were somewhat lackluster, but I didn't find any real issues with the detail for any of the other figures. I was actually very impressed with how many of the figures came out.

My experience was that the red miniatures for the Hell Club were somewhat lackluster, but I didn't find any real issues with the detail for any of the other figures. I was actually very impressed with how many of the figures came out.

Yeah, those were the minis I was thinking of.

Nice to know they were more of a "blip" than an indicator of the general quality of the plastics.

Bit of an uneven comparison ... plastic vs. resin, many minis at - comparatively - low price vs. much higher price point per single miniature, board game vs. war gaming miniatures.

Still, if CMON can get Blood Rage quality, I feel Rising Sun is the better deal for me. I really like those miniatures. Dragon Empire has a lot of nice minis, too, but a bit expensive for me.

• Like 1

I got black plague, blood rage and the others. (In addition to zombicidd 1&2)

Black plague and Blood Rage are great minis. Really nice. The Others, I am somewhat disappointed. The heroes are all great though.

I bet Rising sun will have great minis. The issue I have (looking at this as only wanting to get the minis) is only the female heroes interest me, and the monsters.

But quality wise I dont have any issue with any of them. As Cash said they are not resin quality but you don't get resin quality at the 65 minis for $100 level...

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 3