CMON Rising Sun

SamuraiJack

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, FFS CMON!  I should just have my bank auto-send you $100 each quarter or something. :)

More seriously, I'm really digging what I've seen so far.  Less of a miniature slug-fest like I've gotten with other games, but still a great excuse to have lovely figures moving about on the board.  I'm not sure if I'll bother to buy into any add-ons, although I suppose that depends on if there's a Massive Darkness conversion pack to use all these lovely monster figures with that game. :)

• Like 3

The humans are not bad but the Oni are tickling my fancy.  Still on the fence since I'm supposed to be weening myself off this KS business but really want some of the larger pieces and having a game where committing seppuku to gain points is just doing it for me...

I've been quietly checking and haven't seen anything yet but when they released The Others, the old McVey webshop had (and still does) some of the large monsters in resin for sale.  Didn't happen with Blood Rage and I haven't seen any indication that there will be any for Rising Sun but I can hope...  would likely drop my pledge if I could get a couple of the oni in resin, even if it would cost the same as the whole pledge on KS.  

We have Godzilla (by any other name) on the horizon.

I keep thinking about things they could add; as rich as Japanese culture is, I realize what I really want is a final fantasy board game so they can do all the summons as miniatures...

Edited by Sae
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sae said:

I realize what I really want is a final fantasy board game so they can do all the espers as miniatures...

It took me a while to realize what you meant since I started with FF8 and they called them guardian forces. XD

Anyway back on topic, I am tentatively in. The theme certainly tickles my fancy. 

6 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I've put this one on remind for now, want to see how much it'll cost to go "all-in" before I decide.

So far, there don't seem to be any announced add-on prices, unless I'm missing them.

It was interesting that there were no Early Birds... heck... that there was a single pledge level.  This is feeling like the Massive Darkness campaign, and by the time it is over Thiago will once again have fine-tuned everyone to a fever pitch.  I wonder if we'll even see an add-on this week though.  I think we're starting to see some of the monsters from an Add-On Box, but we won't know what the add-on will be until later.  

As for already ramping up, I think there was enough initial excitement that they figured they could spread them apart earlier on.  This may also have something to do with the fact that the to-fund cost was higher than any previous CMON game (that I can find).

1 minute ago, klarg1 said:

So far, there don't seem to be any announced add-on prices, unless I'm missing them.

Those come up one by one as we unlock things.  Seems to be how CMON is running their campaigns now.  Never see a long list of stretch goals.  Just the next one... though there will sometimes be hints, especially once we reach the doldrums...

Thiago has stated a few times now that will not be many add-ons and that most SGs will just be included in the base pledge.  So other than folks ordering more than 1 copy (which he's confirmed you can do), I expect a pretty slow and steady run from here to the end.  

• Like 1