CMON Rising Sun

SamuraiJack

I guess it depends on what you already have, what you still need ... etc. I do not have any miniatures suitable for that setting at all ... so I want many (rank and file) miniatures at a cheap price.

On the other hand, I already have lots of Goblins, so a boardgame with lots of cheap goblins would probably not be getting my money, but a Kickstarter with nice metal goblin hero miniatures might.

• Like 1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, terminalmancer said:

There's some hullabaloo about how the invading (Chinese?) armies worship mostly Japanese gods. I'm just in it for the minis, though, so I'm still happy! I'm really enjoying all the weird monsters / gods they're coming up with.

Only one of the is a Japanese god, 3 are Chinese, and 3 are Indian in origin. All 7 had a presence in both Japan and China as their worshipers were primarily traveling merchants.

• Like 4

I *may* have convinced one of my gaming buddies to back this so I may be able to ditch my pledge.  He'll let me paint as many or as few of minis as I like so I think I may call this one a win! 

Still enjoying the unveils but really wish they made some of the minis available separately for painting pleasure.. 

• Like 3

Yeah I wouldn't mind ditching some of the cardboard. (And I love cardboard, I just know I'm never going to be able to play it.)

A friend of mine has offered to take some of the minis off of my hands... there's enough duplicates in here I figure I can part with a lot and not miss it. He'll have to pry Ebisu out of my cold, dead hands, though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Auberon said:

A minis only pledge of some type (especially other than plastic) would be evil.  I'd be tempted to spend too much.

Well I'm currently drafting a very nice note to CMON asking that they look into releasing some of the figures in resin eventually like they did with The Others.  ::D:

• Like 1