SparrowMarie

77162: Yephima, Cloud Giant

You did a great job on her!

I agree with the others; her face looks amazing; nice work there.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zethia
      I'm trying to improve my flesh tones, and for some reason it helps me to do it with inhuman tones to get the technique down before moving to more realistic stuff. I'm not quite sure how it's going so far. If nothing else, Yephima's proving that I need to practice some blending and feathering. Still need to highlight the Wereboar. I love the muscularity of this guy, he was fun to wash! 

• By Lidless Eye
      I've been waiting for this one to go live, a excellent sequel to their Fairytale Giant, here comes a massive Giantess from RBJ Game Company
    • By Maledrakh
      The female changed from being a Storm Giant to being a Cloud Giant between the kickstarter and the retail release of the miniature. Whatever the subtype, she still gets a case of Smurfette syndrome.

The pose of the female is a bit strange, and she does have a certain supermodel-vibe going on. Reaper has explained that the pose was meant to illustrate her bending down to talk to someone human sized, and as such it is not too bad. But taken out of context it just comes off as a bit cheesecake-ish. Reaper has acknowledged that the pose did not work as intended. The swimsuit-like corset really does not help to avoid this impression at all.
      Again, a mini with a slight case of bendyweaponitis. (which, in fact, is the proper scientific name for it). Treated with hot water then cold to straighten out the worst of it.

I based her on a 50mm round lipped base.

77162 Yephima, Female Cloud Giant (the male one did not get a proper name, I wonder why not?)
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Storm Giants subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Patrick Keith
      Bonesium PVC
      50mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By sirgourls
      Hey there! It's been awhile. I've painted a few things recently, but it's been sporadic. I have plenty of minis to paint, but have been fighting sometimes to find the mood to or to find time.

Anyway! Personal crap aside, here is my rendition of the frost giant from the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures line, which seems to be the same sculpt as the Harshnag from the Icons of the Realms series of pre painted minis.

Enough of my blabbering, on with the pics!

Unfortunately I didn't push the contrast a ton here. It's clear to see in hand, but it doesn't really show up in the photos all that well. Still good practice though. And he'll terrify my players all the same. 
    • By Patrik Strom
      This is a miniature from last year. A NPC barbarian in a game I’m playing in got a two handed sword, which the old miniature used to represent the character of course didn’t have. So it was time for a switch. Overall it went fairly quick to complete the figure and I’m quite happy with the results.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)