Poison Ivy Demi-Ronde Bust

GlenP

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. The piece is one of those things we just stumble across every once in a while. One of our NTFC members found it in a comic shop and bought it. After he showed it at a meeting, I bought one for myself. Eight bucks. Cheap. I removed the keychain and filled the hole in her hair with Aves Apoxie sculpt putty. Since the figure was too thick for a traditional frame, I drilled a hole in the bottom and added a brass tube secured with epoxy and stuck it in a stained wood block. Looking back, a deeper shadow box frame might have been a better way to go.

And thanks for the 'likes' everyone!

Glen

• Like 3

Ahhh!! She's lovely! It's so difficult to find good Poison Ivy stuff when Harley is everywhere! And Stanley Lau has some of my favorite drawings ever of her. I wanted the statue of her based off his work super bad, but I missed the preorder window and now they are like $200.... :down: -rambles on-

I love the extra ivy that you added to the base too!

Thank you both. I agree that Harley Quinn would make a good bust as well. I have looked her up and there's a myriad of costume variants and weapons. The company that makes Poison Ivy also makes a Harley Quinn head and it more like a traditional flat. I'm thinking of sculpting an HQ flat, but there's simply too many other projects in front of it. I think a Batgirl or Wonder Woman might be good too.

Salud.

• Like 2

Over the years, I've seen a lot of superhero merch (keychains, plastic figures, little metal statues, etc.) that would be great for painting, but quite often the fact that it's a licensed comic book property makes the cost a bit higher than it otherwise might be.

(FYI, there's a company called Eaglemoss Collections who back in 2010 put out a line of DC and Marvel Comics 3.5-inch pre-painted lead figures... They've got some pretty good detail on them and they show up for sale on the evilBay all the time, although they're a bit pricey.

Apparently the DC ones at least have been reissued in what they call "metallic resin" and are currently available from their site. The same company also puts out a line of DC and Marvel chess pieces...)

Edited by Mad Jack