ultrasquid

Grenadier attacking Green Slime

I just found that mini today in my lead pile, what a coincidence!

It is quite heavy, especially after getting accustomed to plastic figures of similar size.

• Like 1

For some reason I keep painting my figures shoes in red oxide. I guess it reads as tanned leather to me at the small scale, but I think I could do better. What do you do for shoes?

• Like 1

Poor Bob!

Very cool miniature, and i like your paint job on it.

I have a lot of different browns, and use all of them for various shoes, boots, and/or other leather items.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      I wanted a traditional Black Pudding, but I didn't want to just paint it black. When I started to think about how to make this stand out, I started to think about the shimmer that oil gets, and I wondered if Black Puddings get that shimmer as well. I looked up some photos, and thought, "I bet I can do this." Like I said in the other thread, I'm planning on putting together a tutorial on getting this effect, so that'll be up soon. This one was fun to paint! I love all the little bits and bobs in the ooze.

• By HolkDiggity
      Just two little blobbies that are the result of killing mama with a slashing weapon. I'm working on typing a step-by-step tutorial on how I did the holographic oil shimmer with just regular paints, so that'll be up in a couple days!

• By Mutilatedlips
      Painted this for the Lost Mines of Phandelver module that I am running.  Venomfang will be reoccuring throughout their adventures. 
      I painted this faster than usual, but would not call it speed pained because it still took me about a month. I put a bit more into it than my usual speed paints, but a little less than others. It is always hard from me to take pics of larger models, probably should have taken this one outside, may have benefited from the background trees and grass more than most other models. 

• By planetmut
      I have no idea what this little guy is supposed to be, but he's easily the smallest mini I've painted. Lots of Army Painter Jungle Green, Vallejo Transparent Yellow, Army Painter Green Wash and a bit of white.

The base is made from Liquitex Modelling Paste, which is surprisingly easy to use. Of course I stupidly did the base the day after I painted the mini, so hilarity ensued when I had to match the paints again.

• By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 179 Guests (See full list)