Completely Frivolous Paint-Organization Question

My Paintier carousel is organized by ROY G BIV.  4 trays mean three get the light-mid-shadow colors, and the bottom tray gets white/black/primers/addititives, one-off colors, liners.  My other tray is used for more neutral colors (browns, grays, flesh colors, metallic, washes, Scale-75 and Andrea colors.  There's not a lot of organization in that one aside from keeping the triads together, keeping the washes together, keeping the clears together, etc. 

• Like 2

By reaper triad in storage racks just like Oneboots. Then by color so all the blues are together, etc. then, because i store my bottles with the bottoms facing me, i bought a roll of tiny dot stickers and i put the initials of the paint color on the dot in sharpie and stick the dot to the middle of the bottle bottom.

I keep MSP and MSP HD and MSP Bones together with each other. All other paint brands are in differnt storage locations. I will send a pic later.

post-14684-0-87439400-1486739602_thumb.jpg

Edited by edz16
  • Like 7

My paints are all on wall-mounted nail polish racks, and they are grouped by broad color - all the reds together, all the greens, etc. The only exceptions are one shelf of all metallics, one for off-whites and off-blacks, and a separate one for skin tones. Beyond that I don't bother separating brand or having any particular order, its enough for me to know what shelf to look at when I need, say, an orange. 

• Like 2

I keep mine sorted by color (all reds together, all blues together, etc) and then by number/triad within each color. I have slight OCD tho, so putting colors like Marigold Yellow with the Yellows bothers me, because it's more orange than yellow.... but I just take a deep breath and say it's going to be OK... 99% of mine are Reaper Master Series with a few other bottles thrown in here and there.

paint2017.jpg

• Like 9

For that very reason, I took a thin sharpie marker (and a few hours) and wrote the numbers on the bottoms of the bottles. That way if I'm looking for a specific paint, I can just plug it into Reaper's store to get the number, because I'll never memorize all of those numbers. It makes them easier to find and also easier to put back in order.

::o: That's brilliant! I'm totally going to do that now, thanks for the suggestion! ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Currently:

Scale 75 in left rack, followed by their inks, then reaper clears, then going into the bigger rack I have Secret Weapon Washes followed by Reaper Liners, then white/yellow/orange/red/skin triads/brown/grey/green/blue/purple/then reaper MSP HDs by SKU numbers then miscellaneous colors from Vallejo/Game Air/ and finally reaper Metallics

post-7987-0-27545300-1486858436_thumb.jpgpost-7987-0-41333100-1486858446_thumb.jpgpost-7987-0-37998800-1486858454_thumb.jpgpost-7987-0-60787100-1486858464_thumb.jpgpost-7987-0-39466300-1486858475_thumb.jpg

Sorry, it's a bit of a mess right now as i'm in the middle of a couple of projects, after finishing I put things back in place and take out as needed and soon enough I have a whole mess in my work area ... organized chaos!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 7