That is magnificent!

The shield is marvelous, is all that sculpted in??? - that is terrific sculpting and you brought it to life magically

I don't care how big a mini is, they should never hide the face that deep below the helmet... I have no idea how you managed to get in there at all let alone get the details done so well - kudos!

There is a consistent level of restraint in this piece that makes it very believable - exquisitely done!

• Like 1

That is magnificent!

The shield is marvelous, is all that sculpted in??? - that is terrific sculpting and you brought it to life magically

I don't care how big a mini is, they should never hide the face that deep below the helmet... I have no idea how you managed to get in there at all let alone get the details done so well - kudos!

There is a consistent level of restraint in this piece that makes it very believable - exquisitely done!

Thank you!

Yes, the designs on the shield were sculpted in.

Yeah, the face was a pain in the butt...I usually paint skin first except in the cases of heavily armored pieces.  I wound up going back and repainting most of the helmet after I did his face...even with the longer and thinner brushes it was a pain to get in there; lots of slop!

Absolutely wonderful! I love the colour scheme, and his deep blue skin! ::):

Thank you.  I tried three or four skin tones before I settled on that one.  First he was pale green, but it looked too Orcy...I forgot my blend for the more marble like pattern I used on the Bones I Storm Giant.  Then violet as in the books, but he felt like a Muppets extra.  I decided on the deep blue to try to match the Storm Titan from the D&D pre-paint line:

278451.jpg

• Like 3

I took some more photos after being asked how big the piece was, and I thought I'd share them here as well.

"My, that's an awfully colorful statue.  Really held up with age."

16508691_10154172186030636_5341649365912

"Who you callin' statue?"

16508273_10154172186295636_7465452313933

"Oh, I'm sorry...clearly you're just...a terrifying Giant!  My mistake!"

16684007_10154172186510636_2107733031238

"Oh, okay...wait, what was that about bein' old?"

16641032_10154172186900636_7075816775593

"...woops."

• Like 7

Thanks for the kind words, all!

The shield was a challenge...tons of tiny detail in that thing.  I'm glad everyone liked how it came out!

Oh my gosh! That's an awesome giant! Well done on the painting. May have to pick him up. Do I dare ask how much he cost? 

He wasn't too bad...I think I paid $30.  I actually got him to round out a Miniature Market order for the free shipping...they're out of stock on him now, though.

The Gale Force 9 big guys are pretty reasonably priced now that they've improved their resin mix.  I still think the cost for the "medium" sized pieces is a bit absurd, though.

• Like 1