Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Conversion for the War Chief in SoB

Here is a link to the War Chief figure I painted for the game Shadows of Brimstone.

Here is a link to the War Chief character illustration for that game.

The figure I started with was from Reaper's Savage Worlds line:

buckyball

• Like 11

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I have been playing Doom Eternal lately. Several stages within some of the missions are set inside massive demonic fleshy creatures or structures with organic tunnels. Organic as in made of living meat, like a skinned carcass, with giant meaty blobs, bladders, tendons and instestines everywhere. The floor covered in pools of acid...one can only imagine the smell.
      Naturally, this made me want to paint up some of the minis for the Shadows of Brimstone Belly of the Beast Otherworld. This otherworld is just such an organic hellscape, set inside the entrails of some enormous cosmic creature. The Belly of the Beast Expansion rules, cards and map bits come in the "Temple of Shadows" expansion set, an expansion for the japanese-themed Forbidden Fortress base set. The Skin Crawler minis are also included in this expansion, while the Gastral Tyrant, Bone Eaters and Acid Blobs each are in their own little enemy packs. I have at least the flesh mites still to do, and I am thinking some more giant tentacles would fit this theme well, if I can find them. Maybe even some of the new, japanese-themed heroes too.

This lot took me a couple of evenings to do, mostly drying time in between prepping the Bones 4 Lost Valley Expansion minis. 

Lots more pictures below.

• By SparrowMarie
      Minivember is here once again! I know that today is the 5th so I'm going to have to play a little catch up as I was on vacation until yesterday evening. Now I need to get started painting so this will probably be a shorter intro post than previous years. You may ask why the title says "The Last." Well because this is the last year that I am going to be doing Minivember. Next year I'll have a new fun thing but it will be in October instead of November because of how busy this time of year is for me. And I know that the holidays are part of the challenge but it's getting to be too much of a challenge.

This year I'm going to be painting minis from Shadows of Brimstone that I have not yet finished. My goal (like every year) is to paint at least thirty (30) unique minis, one (1) for each day. While I've reached this goal in the past I'm going to push myself a little further this year and try to get all of one type of the mini painted. Some of them have up to six (6) of the same mini. I chose to paint this because I want to play the game again and this is a great time to get it done. While this is not all of the SoB minis that I have to do it is a good chunk of them. 

Anyway, here's this year's calendar and I'll be posting photos as soon as I can.

• By SparrowMarie
      So in the last...year? We have received the second wave of our Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter pledge. We went all in and opted to get everything. I haven't started painting anything from it. I've primed most of it but just haven't had the drive to do it until now. This is the pile of sprues fresh out of the box.

Then the cleaning process.

I'm not even sure all of them fit into those pictures, I know the second picture is definitely not all of them, that was just the first wave that got cleaned. There's something like...137? minis there if I counted right. This is in no way everything we have but just what we got in the final wave. Well now the company ran a second Kickstarter to expand the game even more (I already don't know where to put all this so let's buy more!). Which should be shipping sometime this year. That one also, again if I counted correctly, has about 181 total minis. So I'm swimming in minis that need painting so I thought I'd start a WIP to motivate me.

I've already got most of it written out and color schemed. The nice thing is a lot of the minis that are groups of 6+ or larger came with painting guides that are optional. I'm opting to use the ones that are available to me. I plan on using mostly the paints that came in the Shadows of Brimstone paint sets by Army Painter with a smattering of Reaper here and there. I'm going to try to get this all done before shipping of the second Kickstarter. Then it'll be time to build and paint those! 

• By Maledrakh
      The 20 resin heroes from wave 1.5 of the  Shadows of Brimstone kickstarter.  I believe there are 12 or so more resin heroes and companions to come in wave 2.

A note about the resin used. I see that there is a lot of internet-hate directed towards the resin models, mainly because of the greasy release agent used not being easy to remove, and that many people prefer plastic for ease of gluing and such. I think many of the complainers are boardgamers more than miniature modellists, which I certainly can see these models posing problems.
      My experience was that with a good scrub in warm soapy water, most of the release agent went away.
      A few of the models needed an extra coat of primer here and there, as I had not gotten the release grease properly off everywhere, but with that extra coat on I have had no problems. In this they are not really any worse than other resin models I have worked on.
      One problem was that many of the parts were small, and had very small gluing surfaces (e.g. wrists to arms) but I got them stuck together by using activator spray on the  superglue to make it bond quickly. Luckily the resin is lightweight, so gluing a small joint is actually enough to hold the part. (Many of these would not have worked with metal miniatures!)
      I avoided the small feet being small gluing surfaces altogether by using the vent-sprue bits still attached to the feet of the models as pins to fix them to the bases by drilling matching holes in the bases and cutting the vents to size instead of all the way off.

• By SparrowMarie
      Here is a link to my blog where I posted all the photos. I didn't want to just stick them all here since there are quite a few and didn't want to overload people with photos. The photography and lighting definitely isn't the best but I'm working on that. Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

https://sparrowmarieminis.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/shadows-of-brimstone-resin-minis/
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)