Rahz

Broken Toad Tooth Fairy

Sooo... instead of focusing on my February goals, my ADHD brain has wandered off and pulled this little guy out of his box... 

I usually fail so badly at these WIP threads as I am terrible at actually finishing my projects but I'm going to try to not over-think this guy and get some paint on him.   Hopefully my brain will sort out the base for Cinder while I'm working on something else...

He has been primed black and white (zenithal) thus far.  Tomorrow, after drywall and mudding work, hopefully will be colors. 

post-8195-0-60990900-1486773432_thumb.jpg

Thanks for watching. 

• Like 14

So a little bit of work so far. 

Warcolour Pink #5  was applied pretty much everywhere that wasn't smooth skin.

Warcolour Flesh #5 was then applied from below (counter-zenithaly???) to soften the black primer and start to tie things together. 

Not sure if I want the wings just like the rest of the body or a bit different...  add the pink to the wings too or leave them?  Was looking at some of the warm greys (warcolour) for the wings. 

6iJwwc.jpg

hlC3do.jpg

• Like 15

Got some work done on my chompy little friend. 

The deeper pink areas got a hit of Minitaire Magenta Ghost tint.  Skin got a couple layers of successfully lighter warcolour skin tones mixed with warm greys (skin 2 then 1 mixed with warm grey 2 then 1).  The back got hit with some of the flesh highlights as well before the whole "raw" area got a quick wash of Minitaire Fresh Blood Ghost Tint.  I'll be working some pinks back in after.  (forgot to take a picture of this...oops!).

Wings were given a light coat of the same pink as the body and I'll likely bring them up to a grey similar to the flesh with less skin-tone mixed in. 

I think I've gotten about all I'm going to get from the airbrush and will next work on using the good zenithal highlights to better shade his pecs, abdomen and arms. 

Tooth got some love too with some Ochre 1 and 5 and a bit of yellow ghost tint.  I think I'm calling the tooth done. 

ZtQtTX.jpg

NDNfi1.png

Thanks for looking. 

Edited by Rahz
  • Like 13

I love it so far.

Maybe do the wings with a fleshtone with the pink mixed in?

Looking great! I love the model and your take on it so far!

Thank you both.  :;):

• Like 3

Picked out the gory flesh/innards in the back after the purple and red washes.  Several light layers with the more prominent ones getting more coats of successively lighter pinks all the way to off-white.  I'm calling the back messy part done. 

post-8195-0-64818200-1487724332_thumb.png

Went off-palette in my attempt to shade the abs with some brown and I don't like it at all so now I'm cleaning that up and will be using some more purple/dark flesh to get some of the shades in better. 

More to follow and thanks for looking. 

• Like 10

And, just in time for bed (for me at least... ) 

Redid some touches on the shading and gave him one last shot of highlight... in the harsh painting light it looks washed out now but to the naked eye, the subtle changes are much more visible. 

Started on his mouth.  Still some work to go including some saliva, but that will wait for tomorrow...

XF5ZgQ.jpg

Sweet dreams... 

• Like 9

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arimaythea
      My husband and I are about to join a campaign to play through the Curse of Strahd adventure for 5e.  My husband is playing as a half-orc sorcerer and I am a human fighter.  We decided to go with 03879: Gon'Tarr Orc Shaman and 14604: Joeliyn Sister of the Blade as our respective PC minis.  They will be the third and fourth minis I have ever painted, the other two being from one of the Learn to Paint kits.

My mini hasn't arrived yet but my husband's has so I've made a little progress on him.  I cleaned him up, glued to a square base, used some green stuff to smooth out his integrated base, primed him, and put some of the base coat colors down.  I've used all Reaper paints so far - their white primer along with Leather Brown for the leather bits, Harvest Brown for the wood, and a hobbled together mix of Camouflage Green, Military Green, and Warrior Flesh for the skin. 

I plan on doing a base coat of all the colors first to make sure we are both happy with the choices before moving onto washes and highlighting.  My shipment with my mini along with some bone colored paints that I need for Gon'Tarr's skull accessories should be here tomorrow!
    • By Rahz
      Let's see if I can finish one of these for a change...  Of course I neglected to take good pictures of the early steps... 

Mossbeard assembled, "primed" with Sepia Liner, which after a year was kinda gloopy...  Thinned with a little airbrush thinner, it went on fine though and gave really good coverage and gave the figure a nice brown on top of the grey bones.  The green then got an overbrush with Jungle Mist and then a wash of Vallejo green wash.  The brown got a wash of Vallejo dark Grey Wash and some spots with Vallejo Rush Wash.  I've since started with a over/dry-brush of Wolf Grey over the wood.  Torso, head and one arm done.  He's a big one! 

Thanks for looking. 
    • By SilenzZzz
      Good day, i have been painting for a little while, but recently i have tried to push myself further... this is my second mini to do for LGS painting contest (i won the first one they did) .... have about a week left to finish him. so i am planning a little more highlights and more work on the weapons....

if it wasn't for a local friend i would still be painting in blocked colors and calling it done, but he keeps pushing me to try more hah! 

i am open for input and criticism on him... :)

• By Silvervane
      Ok, Here I go starting another WIP.  I had the hankering for Frostgrave only no one around who wanted to try.  So I decide to finally give the Dark Alchemy solo scenarios a try.  I had skeletons, rats, and a stand-in for the alchemical monstrosity.  I looked around and thought, hey those WWWOZ Tin man painted up red and gold would look cool as the FIre-Flingers for the final scenarios.  I also decided I only wanted to paint them as gaming pieces.  I haven't really posted anything cause my camera broke, and I really haven't wanted to pick up another.  So I'm starting this WIP to practice with my phone camera, as well as post here a little more often.

Here was the first of four I need for the scenario, as it stands at the moment.  Photo work still in progress as well:

Unfortunately, I had a TPK in scenario 2.  The scenario called for Wizard or Apprentice and 4 of soldiers for the mission.  They all went down, and I rolled unbelievable less than 5 for all of them on the survival roll.  I'm less than inspired to complete these guys now.  but I'll carry on and hope that the apprentice can survive the final encounter with whats left of the warband when I finish.
    • By Glitterwolf
      Time to paint another bust.
      This one is from El Greco 1:12th scale and comes in a nice tin.

A depiction of a seasoned Crusader.
      I will paint him as a Knight Hospitaller instead of the often seen Knight Templars.

This means mine will have a Black Cape, A Red Surcoat and a White Cross.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)