Sign in to follow this  
Dan d'Lyon

Confrontation Resurrection

Just heard about this. I'm super excited, but my wallet hurts already. Definitely a top 3 miniatures line and game for me. There is a book of faces page already. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Been talking about this on Dakka in the News and Rumors forum for awhile. Mostly rumors, though!

Main questions are support for or release of previously released models, as well as rights to the sculptures or whatever.

Depends.

Will it be the metal miniatures or the prepainted plastic ones that get ressurected?

The First...Excitement..!!!

The Second...meh..

• Like 1

I'd be interested in seeing what they come up with.

Somehow, I missed the whole thing the first time around. Was the game any good?

I am not, but I did not ever fall into confrontation until much later (when they had gotten to prepainted, and I was done with that at that point).  I'm curious to see what they do with it, if it's more like Heroclix or if it's more akin to D&D miniatures, or, finally, akin to Super Dungeon Explore Warbands.

I still have some of the metal minis in my to do pile.

Awesome stuff.

In the past I painted some of their Undead and Wolfen, Great stuff.

However the plastics and prepaints didn't appeal to me at all.

It killed my interest.

The 3rd edition of the game was really good as it was in the printed book. But then they made an addendum that effectively made ranged attacks broken. If you can find the book cheap and just print out cards to proxy minis, there was quite a lot of depth to it. But yeah, the pre-paints were a horrible idea.

I still have a big plastic tote full of metal Confrontation stuff. Pretty sure I have all but 1 Wolfen model, all the Griffin, and all the Drunes. And a smattering of other things too. But would love to get Lions, Ophidians and Devourers still.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Devil Inside Productions
      Hell Awaits... Wave 5 - This time featuring some Lesser Key of Solomon Goetia inspired Demons

Here's the link to the Kickstarter for anyone who might be interested:
      Wave 5

Thanks for looking!
    • By haldir
      Facebookey page

Yup, I'm backing!
    • By MickeyMauser
      Hi,
      I have the Razig Adept mini. Comes with a pair of hands gripping chains. Very cool. Trouble is, the right hand, all on its own accord, just flew out of my grip before I could secure it to its designated wrist and just threw itself into the void, never to be seen again. 
      I know, its not that small, I tore that whole place up in search of it. Where...How the....anyway, is it possible to get spare parts?

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-tales-of-dungeons-and-doggies/description

So you have seen the minis but what about the rules doc? Well, here is just one example of the art quality thanks to the incredible talents of April Prime! Amazingly, this is still work in progress, but she is working on art for every dog and a few bonus pieces as well....hmmm..maybe art prints should be available...

Here's a small piece of Dungeons and Doggies fiction to enjoy! Every mini will have an associated 'icon character' pre generated in the rules pack,and for the Cleric role we have Cerysse, gentle but determined protector of her friends. Many thanks to Kate, our writer, for providing this and many other story pieces for the project! We will follow up with a rules preview for the Companion Domain soon!
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      This goes live today (i'll add a link when it does)

(almost complete pre-production image, minor changes possible)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFwekye_zQ
      unboxing of the game

(now if you want tiles for a dungeon crawl this looks a good deal)

this is a reprint of the well regarded boardgame  Caustrophobia (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36932/claustrophobia) and it's first expansion with all new art assets and minis (unpainted)

Monolith has already manufactured the game so it will be limited to 10,000 copies *I;ve asked and there are spares to cope with loss/damage during delivery)and deliveries are scheduled for January so minimal risk so ideal is you want to KS but worry about getting stung (but on the other hand if you don't like KS as a shop probably not for you)
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 221 Guests (See full list)