The Ladykiller (77207: Dub Bullock)

Grumpy Cave Bear

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure have a hidden sculptor talent, for a first try it's pretty impressive. The chocolate box may be a little to big but it is perfectly well executed and the roses are fantastic. I first thought they were earings glued together. I even went to check my wife jewelery box to so if I could find something suitable for miniature conversion in there. She told me to leave her jewels alone... :) Anyway, I think you should follow your daughter's advise and sculpt / convert some more. Congrats for the prize.

• Like 2

You sure have a hidden sculptor talent, for a first try it's pretty impressive. The chocolate box may be a little to big but it is perfectly well executed and the roses are fantastic. I first thought they were earings glued together. I even went to check my wife jewelery box to so if I could find something suitable for miniature conversion in there. She told me to leave her jewels alone... :) Anyway, I think you should follow your daughter's advise and sculpt / convert some more. Congrats for the prize.

Thanks! I also thought that the chocolate box was a little too large and was going to resculpt a smaller one, but then I thought, "This guy does not look like the kind that does things by halves!" So on it went. The roses, too, were a bit large at first, but they got smaller and more rose-like as I went along. Those five in the bouquet are the last and smallest ones I sculpted, and the rest I discarded.

The best bit of sculpting on it, I feel, is the one nobody commented on -- I extended the mini's integral base out to the edge of the round plastic base! The fact that it went unnoticed tells me I blended the sculpting in well.

• Like 4

Thanks! I also thought that the chocolate box was a little too large and was going to resculpt a smaller one, but then I thought, "This guy does not look like the kind that does things by halves!" ( :lol: I had the same thoughts!) So on it went. The roses, too, were a bit large at first, but they got smaller and more rose-like as I went along. Those five in the bouquet are the last and smallest ones I sculpted, and the rest I discarded.

The best bit of sculpting on it, I feel, is the one nobody commented on -- I extended the mini's integral base out to the edge of the round plastic base! The fact that it went unnoticed tells me I blended the sculpting in well.

You're right, I didn't even notice that part either. That's amazing!!

I remember the same thing with a mini I did last year - I wilted a bit when no one commented on what I thought was a super awesome conversion: a giant skirt band turned into a belt for a bag. Then I came to the same realization and perked right up. :lol:

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 3