Sign in to follow this  
HateToWin

Blood Bowl Human Team wip

I've finally started working on my blood bowl teams, and also realized how hard it is to get yellow to cover good.

I am liking the way they are turning out, but if I had to do it again I would pick different colors since yellow is giving me so much trouble.

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

• Like 4

Hello there!

Yellow and other colors (like reds, and oranges) are pigments that have a hard time covering in its usual presentations. The usual practice is to do a first solid layer of a similar, better covering color. 

For yellow, my preferred color is a sandy ochre. 

You can experiment a bit because, due to lack of coverage, this initial layer layer will influence how the yellow / red will look afterwards. If you use a reddish brown as a base for yellow, you will never get rid of the reddish tint, but on the other hand it is a neat effect for a "warmer" yellow. Painting yellow over a cold ochre (an ochre with a desaturated blue-grey undertone for example) will yield you a more cold yellow (but highlights with a saturated yellow will therefore pop more!).

• Like 1

Yellow is a difficult colour for many of us.

I must say, I use Scale 75 Sol Yellow nowadays and that covers really well.