Thanks for the feedback everyone. My main goal was to get as much depth as I could from the successive layers and make it look shiny with a final glazing.

I'm most happy with the last picture which shows the shiny almost gelatinous effect I was aiming for.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      I wanted a traditional Black Pudding, but I didn't want to just paint it black. When I started to think about how to make this stand out, I started to think about the shimmer that oil gets, and I wondered if Black Puddings get that shimmer as well. I looked up some photos, and thought, "I bet I can do this." Like I said in the other thread, I'm planning on putting together a tutorial on getting this effect, so that'll be up soon. This one was fun to paint! I love all the little bits and bobs in the ooze.

• By HolkDiggity
      Just two little blobbies that are the result of killing mama with a slashing weapon. I'm working on typing a step-by-step tutorial on how I did the holographic oil shimmer with just regular paints, so that'll be up in a couple days!

• By Sanael
      While so many of y'all were out Denton way, having a grand old fooforaw at Reapercon, I decided to go ahead and paint a bit, too. Only finished two things, really; here's one.

Very much "done now" quality. Had a little fun with color, nothing special.

• By Iridil
      These were so fun to paint - again with the goal of getting them done for the game table - first bones IV kickstarter minis I've painted! I'm kinda meh about the little one - I might go back and explore a base and redo it, but I like the big one.

• By viking_hank
      Reaper dark young painted lighter than most people paint it. I figured it would darken as it aged. I used washes and rosy skin. The shades and washes are citadel. The ooze is a reaper miniatures undead ooze from ks4. Contrast paint seems to work well on it.  

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)